need help with transportation

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
harris.gates
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help with transportation

Post by harris.gates »

I am raising two of my grandkids, trying to get myself to work and the boys to school without a car is almost impossible. I would appreciate any help I can get. thank you.
helper

Re: need help with transportation

Post by helper »

What state? Some community action agencies provide transportation for jobs, medical care, or other critical reasons. try contacting them. Or they may be able to direct you to where you can get help.
Bw19

Lost car to flod

Post by Bw19 »

I am a student at Salem Community College in Carney's Point NJ. Today was one of the worst experiences I have ever had, I lost my car to a flood. I have a 3 children 8, 5, and a 3 month old baby girl named Tori. Wright now the most important things in this world are my children and my education, so I can better their future. Unfortunately with the disaster that has occurred today, I am unable to get back and forth to college as my car no longer works. I really need some guidance on which way to go about handling my situation. If anyone can help me establish a plan I will be so grateful. I only have liability insurance, so my insurance company will not help me with auto repairs or expenes

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost car to flod

Post by Admin »

There are some charities that can help either repair cars, or offer people new cars. I think issues like a flooded car will apply. Places like 1800 charity cars, Ways to Work (which provides low interest or zero % loans) and another organization is Opportunity Cars. All of these places have low interest loans, car repairs, and other aid. They do offer for thinks like classes and college transportation expenses as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... #transport
Bw19 wrote:I am a student at Salem Community College in Carney's Point NJ. Today was one of the worst experiences I have ever had, I lost my car to a flood. I have a 3 children 8, 5, and a 3 month old baby girl named Tori. Wright now the most important things in this world are my children and my education, so I can better their future. Unfortunately with the disaster that has occurred today, I am unable to get back and forth to college as my car no longer works. I really need some guidance on which way to go about handling my situation. If anyone can help me establish a plan I will be so grateful. I only have liability insurance, so my insurance company will not help me with auto repairs or expenes

Sincerely,
Champion1

Post by Champion1 »

Hello good people,
Just an observation...when somone tells us that they need help, I believe that mean outside of the realm of services. Espeically when somone says that "THEY NEED A CAR". Telling them about a free ride service is of no help to them. Give if you are going to give without being a director. Its not a good thing to imply that somone has not tried an avenue you are posing. It sounds condescending and rude. Just an observation:)
Combs
anti spam: Blue

Post by Combs »

Hi,
I'm sending this message to inquire about assistance for my elderly mother (age 86) and her disabled son who are both medically needy and without transportation. Their car was recently repossessed because they couldn't afford to make the payments on it since he is now unable to work, and their only income is from her Social Security. They are having to rely on other people for rides whenever they can get them, which is putting them at risk of missing their medical appointments which are necessary for maintaining their health.
Unfortunately they are not able to afford to buy another car because they don't have the funds, so I have been trying to find an agency or individual in the Jacksonville, FL area who would be able to help them by donating a car or assisting them with purchasing an inexpensive one which would meet their needs. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated and would mean so much to them.