Help

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Jackie0522
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help

Post by Jackie0522 »

Need with a utility bill in ST. Johns FL the company refuses to offer further assistance (there extra fees are ridiculous) and I recently became unemployed and on SSI.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help

Post by Admin »

We do not have many programs and agencies listed for St. John's, but try this link. That will bring you to St. John's specific agencies. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/st_ ... ce_pr.html
For information on utility assistance that is offered directly by energy companies, try this. Learn about grants, weatherization, and other Florida energy programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... ng_as.html
And also really explore the main site for a number of other resources and programs at the national and state level that may also cover St. Johns Florida.
Jackie0522 wrote:Need with a utility bill in ST. Johns FL the company refuses to offer further assistance (there extra fees are ridiculous) and I recently became unemployed and on SSI.
Alliedc

Post by Alliedc »

My mother lights just got shut off yesterday and we need help paying the balance. We have tried every place in York, but they claim that they don't have any fund to help. I just paid an amount on it last week, but I guess that wasn't enough and now they want the whole amount. We don't have that kind of money. She is on a fixed income because she is disabled and I only make a certain amount of money.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you talk to the utility company when you made the partial payment? Maybe they can enter into a plan with you, as some companies in York South Carolina often do this. But as far as funding from charities and non-profits, it comes and goes. Even for the disabled. But here are places to try, and resources for light bills in York County SC.