We are now working but owe on electricity bills

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Chipper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

We are now working but owe on electricity bills

Post by Chipper »

Our electricity got shut off and we need help getting it turned back on. I was laid off and the bill kept building. I have two young children and we are staying at a family member's house in Oklahoma but it is starting to be too much for all of us. I was just wondering what options we have and if there is any help available. My girlfriend and I are both working full time and will never able to pay back whatever we need to. Thank you very much.
Murmur

Re: We are now working but owe on electricity bills

Post by Murmur »

I need assistance paying my electric bill because I have electric heating in my apartment. I have no employment income and need to know if I qualify for assistance. If you could give me an answer via email rather than a phone number to call, that would help me out a lot since I also cannot afford to use up my minutes on my cell phone being on hold for a long time. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: We are now working but owe on electricity bills

Post by Admin »

The phone numbers to call for electric bill help in Washington DC are all over the site. Are you collecting unemployment benefits? Maybe that money can help. But try the various utility assistance programs in DC, as they may be able to help you keep your heat on with the upcoming winter months.