Section 8 housing damaged

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Wtuy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Section 8 housing damaged

Post by Wtuy »

I have a section 8 housing voucher. On July 6 2011 I had a fire in my house. The housing inspector can and failed my unit. They gave my landlord 24hrs to fix the repairs. Since she didnt fixed the repairs my self and my 3 children are forced to move. I have been approved for another home but i do not have the security deposit to move in. My local social service told me that in order for them to help with 1000 i would have to be a first time voucher holder. Other then that they might can help me with 300. I realy need help. Can you please point me in the right direction. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8 housing damaged

Post by Admin »

Section 8 may or may not pay the security deposit. Depends on the state, the agency running it, and the amount of funding that HUD gave your local section 8 housing agencies. We do have information on the voucher program, and read more on section 8 housing. All of the non-profits that run it are on the state level, so select your state from the list midway down the page.
Wtuy wrote:I have a section 8 housing voucher. On July 6 2011 I had a fire in my house. The housing inspector can and failed my unit. They gave my landlord 24hrs to fix the repairs. Since she didnt fixed the repairs my self and my 3 children are forced to move. I have been approved for another home but i do not have the security deposit to move in. My local social service told me that in order for them to help with 1000 i would have to be a first time voucher holder. Other then that they might can help me with 300. I realy need help. Can you please point me in the right direction. Thank you