Live in a hotel and need money for rent

Find how to get help with rent
hkinder38

Live in a hotel and need money for rent

Post by hkinder38 »

I live in Massachusetts. I am unable to pay several weeks of rent. I am disabled and have no idea which organization has an emergency assistance plan. I live in the Red Fox Hotel. I have been on time with my rent for two years I have been here. I cannot get caught up! My disabilities make it impossible to work. If I am asked to leave, I have no family or friends to ask for help. This is difficult for me to ask for help. I take care of myself the best way I know. PLEASE CALL ME BACK!! I do not know what to do. My days are limited if I do not find a way to pay my rent. I can give you my financial situation by phone when requested. If you know of another charity or organization that might be right for me. Sincerest wishes, Foxboro MA
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Live in a hotel and need money for rent

Post by Admin »

Try these following agencies. They are the local Foxborough and Norfolk County MA community action agencies. They may be able to offer money for your rent, or I am sure they will be able to direct you to programs if they do not have the cash themselves.
Quincy Community Action Programs, Inc. (617) 479-8181
Self-Help, Inc. (508) 588-0447

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Boom

Post by Boom »

I have an apartment through HUD VASH after being homeless for five years, with the last three living on the street or in a hotel room. There were a few months unexpected expenses left me having not enough money for rent, food and medicine, and decided food and medicine had to take priority. I thought I had made up for the missing months. But the landlord refuses to give me receipts when I pay the rent, and I am missing money order receipts or canceled checks for four months. In addition, I haven't been diligent enough about paying the rent on time, and the landlord sent me a bill for $2100 for back rent as well as 30 months of late fees at $25 each.
There is no way I can afford that, and paying it off over time will cause a financial burden unless my income increases; but I am a fixed Income so that is unlikely. There are also repairs that need to be done that I cannot afford. I failed my annual inspection and will fail the reinspection, and probably my housing voucher as well.
My case manager told me the only way I can get help paying it is to sign my disability checks over to them. I explained that my problems paying the rent to the hotel were due you financial hardship, not incompetence. She said it doesn't matter I won't be able to receive rental assistance without signing my money over to them. I am currently resigning myself to the reality that I will very soon be homeless again.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

I need assistance paying for my hotel room at the Motel 6 in Atlanta. I am only part time on both my jobs and my two adult kids work also. We have been here in Georgia trying to find assistance with housing from several agencies, but none would help. I have exhausted my tax return looking for housing after separating from a domestic relationship and moving my family (granddaughter and dog) into a hotel where we got stuck, because of my credit issues that wont allow me into an apartment and my dog won't allow me into anyone’s house that is affordable.
It has been a tough situation since. I have since found a second job, because the agency jars of clay was taking too long. You have to go out and find your own place which does not allow me much time now because of my two jobs. Please, can you help me and my family ? Thanks.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

3 incomes maybe be why you cannot get assistance, possibly over the threshold of income requirements. Between the three or four of you someone needs to take the time to find housing. If the dog is keeping your from obtaining housing maybe it is time you adopted him out.
D14

Post by D14 »

Hello,
I am hoping that your organization can be of help to me. I was recently evicted from my last housing situation and have been in a hotel since Friday. I have tried organizations such as HRDC, Love Inc and salvation army just to name a few. I am working and will be paid on Thursday and just need to have the room I am in covered for two nights. Please contact me ASAP.
ad90ma

Post by ad90ma »

My finance and I from Missouri, move to Grants pass Oregon. It was 4 months till September 27th when kicked out by tenants property because my RV have bad roof and title missing and can't drives. My options is warm place is motel 6 hotel.
We pay lot on from our SSI since, need helps for the rest. Motel voucher will do until our SSI next month,. We leave our home state Missouri more safety but my RV don't have a title. So I am worried to driving because license plate is missing. How I doing? Help us. Only pray our Lord we do. Please email me. Thanks.
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Hello. I'm seeking out every help as possible for my family. We fell into hole last place we rented now owe back on payments and an eviction will show upon until the whole payment is taken care of. Since then my family and I been staying from hotel to hotel.
It's really hurting us all money going to a hotel or motel. We're trying out best keep room or place so a shelter will be pit of question for my family. It's very stressful time to time were suffering on food cost and my oldest having to miss a lot of days. We are located Fredericksburg, VA. Thank you.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

I am currently living at the Red Roof inn in downtown Toms River and my rent is due this coming Friday morning 6/8/2018. I was in the hospital for two days and I cannot return to work until next week.
I have a very good rental history here since December 2017. I a need to be in bed and rest and again I cannot go back to work until next week and again my rent for next week is due this Friday 5/8/2018 and that will be the rent paid for until next Friday 6/15/2018. Can you please help? I cannot be on the street sick. Please contact me. Thank you and I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. God bless.
Edelman

Post by Edelman »

Hello,
My son and I are in a deep hole that I can't find my way out of, and I don't know what else to do. I currently live in Duluth, GA.
We are currently living in a hotel that cost from $550.00 to over $600.00 every two weeks. My son and I have been here since November of last year. We are homeless and helpless it seems. I fit that saying, "One paycheck from homeliness".
Back in July of 2018, I was terminated from my job due to a company merging with another company. They had no place for me in this new company. I sought out employment and worked two jobs that did not provide me the funds to maintain all my living expenses and all my bills started building up The little savings I had was paying my bill, but was not enough. By November 2018, my son and I was evicted and a month later I lost my car. And my mother, that I took care of for 20 years, passed away the same week I lost my job.
In December I landed a great job that fit my skills and money that I was used to making, but because of the eviction, no one wants to give me a second chance at housing. I don't know where else to go for help. I have also not been able to pay the back rent I owed. There is also the issue of security deposit that's difficult to save up for, because of the hotel bills and the car payments/insurance I must keep up with.
I'm not sure where to find help on your web site. Nothing seems to fit my situation. Is there any help for us?
My son is 25 with some slight disabilities, but not qualified for disability and I am 57 this year, now making 45,000. Per year.
Thank you for your time and any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.