Being evicted due to medical bills

Help with paying medical bills
Formydaughter
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Being evicted due to medical bills

Post by Formydaughter »

I desperately need help. I am unemployed and two months behind on rent. I was actively searching for jobs but have been unable to do so for the past three weeks due to medical reasons. I have been under medical care for what is believed to be a herniated disc. I have no medical insurance and have had doctor's visits, prescriptions, and most recently a trip to the emergency room due to the pain and not being able to sit or stand without severe pain. I receive $1000.00 a month from unemployment but that doesn't cover my bills. I eliminated everything I could, including my expensive cell phone carrier. I owe alot of money for medical bills. I have been asked to vacate my rental and do not have money to put down a deposit or rent on a place to live. I am scared and anxiety and stress are exacerbating everything. I do not have anyone that I can borrow money from and my situation has resulted in a poor credit rating. Please help! I am more than willing to repay any monies as soon as I get a job. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Being evicted due to medical bills

Post by Admin »

Try calling a clinic in Illinois if do not have any health insurance, or afraid can't pay for medical or health care bills. The clinics in the Illinois area include one or more of the following. Belleville Family Health 618-332-0694 and Hope's Corner. 618-985-8221. The clinics can offer medications, help with doctors visits, and usually counselors can direct you to other financial assistance programs, such as the rent help you apparently need. Illinois community clinics are listed and services detailed here.
Formydaughter wrote:I desperately need help. I am unemployed and two months behind on rent. I was actively searching for jobs but have been unable to do so for the past three weeks due to medical reasons. I have been under medical care for what is believed to be a herniated disc. I have no medical insurance and have had doctor's visits, prescriptions, and most recently a trip to the emergency room due to the pain and not being able to sit or stand without severe pain. I receive $1000.00 a month from unemployment but that doesn't cover my bills. I eliminated everything I could, including my expensive cell phone carrier. I owe alot of money for medical bills. I have been asked to vacate my rental and do not have money to put down a deposit or rent on a place to live. I am scared and anxiety and stress are exacerbating everything. I do not have anyone that I can borrow money from and my situation has resulted in a poor credit rating. Please help! I am more than willing to repay any monies as soon as I get a job. Thank you.
Biden

Post by Biden »

I live in Mount Vernon, Ohio Knox County, and I live in a Section 8 apartment. I am unemployed because I lost my job due to time missed while battling stage cancer of skin. I have had 6 treatments but had to stop at the present time due to chemical burns on my arm from chemo that got infected and surgery. I have applied for SSI and Medicaid but am waiting for a decision. Anyway, I am in danger of being evicted from my apartment because I don't have money to pay rent anymore as all my cash goes to the medical bills. The apartment I live in is a section 8 but I am told they aren't doing anymore section 8 at present time. Since I am already in a section 8 residence why can't I get on section 8? This is a real hardship and I am just to sick to work or live in my old pick up truck. It seems I have fallen through a loop hole and I really need some assistance. What if anything can be done to help me? Thank you,
Oreily18
anti spam: Blue

Post by Oreily18 »

During the past week, I have contacted the Salvation Army, St. Vincent De Paul, and Partnership for Community Action (you all), Needhelppayingbill organization, and no one help with paying past due Medical bill. It seems that all the organizations are suggesting that I use my rent payment money of $825.00 to pay my $658.00 Medical bill and then seek financial assistance to get help paying my past due mortgage! But then I may be evicted if I use that money. This is taking the money from my left hand to pay the bill in my right hand and then seek option to pay my rent because there are several help organization that will help you pay past due rent to stop an eviction! My last mortgage payment is May, 2017; less than 2 years!
I do not know what I can do.