need help with HUGE power bill

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
mombnb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help with HUGE power bill

Post by mombnb »

I am needing help with a 600.00 power bill. this is for 51 days. We moved into a new house and they didnt send a power bill till now. They will not work with me on it because it is the first bill. I am a cna making minimum wage and my husband is sick and cannot work. I live in Rome ga. We are trying to get my husband on disability but they say it takes time. He has chronic pancreatitis and has been hospitalized 4 times since November. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Our cut off date is March 22
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help with HUGE power bill

Post by Admin »

We think we replied to you in email or maybe facebook. However, here is information again on Georgia assistance programs. Use the link to find dozens of programs for Rome Georgia and resources to call to get help directly from your power company. A number of programs and agencies are listed here that can provide find financial help for paying your monthly utility and energy bills.
mombnb wrote:I am needing help with a 600.00 power bill. this is for 51 days. We moved into a new house and they didnt send a power bill till now. They will not work with me on it because it is the first bill. I am a cna making minimum wage and my husband is sick and cannot work. I live in Rome ga. We are trying to get my husband on disability but they say it takes time. He has chronic pancreatitis and has been hospitalized 4 times since November. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Our cut off date is March 22
Radostina

Re: need help with HUGE power bill

Post by Radostina »

My power has been recently shut off. I was already having problems due to water leakage under my apartment so my bedroom became uninhabitable. I intermittently was staying there while waiting for my bedroom floor to dry from water leak. I came home one day to no power. I have a 20 year old student and an 11 year old. I am a single mom finding it hard to find work as I was laid-off over 1 year ago. I am extremely strapped for funds; every penny I get goes to my rent and my bills get put aside. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.