Need basic clothing for Christmas that SSI will not pay for

State and local government assistance programs.
elliott
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need basic clothing for Christmas that SSI will not pay for

Post by elliott »

I am 58 years old. I have worked hard almost all my life. I had cut wood to clearing land to even cocktail waitressing. I started having panic attacks in my early 20's. But that didn't stop me. I fell into a bush hog when I was 13 and almost lost a leg with several surgeries and 9 months in hospital. I worked anyway. Until a few years ago my joints and arthritis was affecting my health. I also have an anxiety disorder. Some say it is memories of my dad's sexual abuse when I was young.
I am on SSI now. I came to Alabama to help with my grand kids and daughter. When she moved out of an abusive relationship. I can't help much money wize but I can help with the kids. But when I moved here to Alabama they cut my check to a little over $400.They seem to think I live here for free and not pay bills, so I really have to go to the SSI office to straighten this out, I have applied for food stamps and got them last week, thank God.
My daughter works 12 hour shifts with shoes that have holes in them, she comes home hurting so bad it makes me cry. She thinks of the kids needs before her own. She still is paying on a loan that her ex put the responsibility on. Her car barely runs anymore, she has to put water and oil in it almost every other day, no heater in the car either. When I came here to stay with her the SSI cut my check to just a little over $400.
We has it rough sometimes. In this small 2 bedroom trailer With 3 kids it is tough. There was not much of a Christmas here for them. Such a sad part of the year for us. I have went to a Salvation army here for a free box of food. Before I got my food stamps, the kids acted like it was Christmas or something. The dad does not help with any monies what so ever. I think she should get child support.
If only I could just have enough money to buy her decent pair of shoes to work in It would make my day and hers. If there is anyone out there and read my story please if you can just help with anything. Then we know there are people out there that do care for the poor, hopefully we won't be in this situation for too long. My electric bill is late and water. This is very stressful to me I have never found myself and my family this needy before and we really need some help. Thank you ever so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need basic clothing for Christmas that SSI will not pay for

Post by Admin »

If you just want to get shoes for you kid for Christmas, that seems like a reasonable request. Try one of the charities that offer free Christmas help. Or you can even try asking for school items, as shoes will often fall into that general clothing category. But do not use the SSI payments for Christmas...as that is a want and not a need.
elliott wrote:If only I could just have enough money to buy her decent pair of shoes to work in It would make my day and hers. If there is anyone out there and read my story please if you can just help with anything. Then we know there are people out there that do care for the poor, hopefully we won't be in this situation for too long. My electric bill is late and water. This is very stressful to me I have never found myself and my family this needy before and we really need some help. Thank you ever so much.
Javelin

Post by Javelin »

Hi, my children and I just recently left an unhealthy and abusive environment. Now that I have taken the first step I am finding that there is no help out there for people on SSI to help us get back on our feet. We are currently homeless without transportation and I haven't been able to gain employment, I don't see how we can have any Christmas at all. Is any clothes, gifts, or money to help for me?
Sloan

Post by Sloan »

Any kind of financial or any help in general. I am a single disabled mother of three. They are 21, 20 year old girls and a 8 year old boy. My bills are outrageous as rent was raised 500 and I haven't any food stamps due to being on SSI.
I can't cover all on 885 month and car just broke down and what makes it even harder is having two birthdays in December. My 21 & 8 year Old we have struggled a lot and we're homeless for years. We were blessed with our home but fear I won't maintain too much longer with prices inflated and food costs it's next to impossible. I just want my beautiful reasons for living to have an actual Christmas as this year we haven't in about 3 now. Anything would be a blessing.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The 21 and 20 year old kid are too old. But maybe the 8 year old can get a free toy from an Albuquerque charity. But you are asking pretty early! Find the resources here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _and_.html
Sloan wrote:I am a single disabled mother of three. They are 21, 20 year old girls and a 8 year old boy. My bills are outrageous as rent was raised 500 and I haven't any food stamps due to being on SSI.
Yankee_fan

Post by Yankee_fan »

Hello, I am contacting you, because this is a very hard year for my and my kid's. I am in a big financial bind. I am on SSI, I am 8 months pregnant due November 13th and in bed rest and unable to provide a Christmas for my 16 year son 12 year daughter and newborn baby this year for Christmas due to not being able to work. I was wanting to see if there was any way I could get my kids assistance?
I have never asked for help before but my kids were really sad this week when I told them we were not able to have a Christmas due to be being out of work. I would be forever grateful of you would consider my children Skyler, Victoria and baby Willow. Thank you for taking your time to read and to give me clothes or Christmas gifts. Have a blessed weekend.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello, we do have information on places to go for local Christmas help and free assistance. If you are on SSI your income is probably low enough. Use the link to find your county and/or town to apply at.
Solazola

Post by Solazola »

Hi, I'm struggling to get gifts for my teenage son who is 15 and my daughter who is almost 14 the day after Christmas. This is a very stressful holiday as I am on SSI now.
So, I'm asking for help, like gift cards to their favorite stores, GameStop, Foot Locker, Victoria Secret Pink maybe ULTA. My daughter loves Pink line from Victoria Secret and them expensive sneakers Jordan from Foot Locker. My son likes working out and loves playing Xbox or clothes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to do something for her birthday the day after Christmas but don't know how I'm going to do it. She wants to go to Sakura restaurant or and Dave and Busters game place, but my SSI will not pay.  Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you can see from the replies above, we listed many different Christmas toy programs. Check them out. We also have information on additional SSI assistance. Last, but now least, get free stuff in an emergency.
Solazola wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:35 am Hi, I'm struggling to get gifts for my teenage son who is 15 and my daughter who is almost 14 the day after Christmas. This is a very stressful holiday as I am on SSI now.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hello. My name is Marci & I'm inquiring about Holiday Gift boxes and clothes for people on SSI that are homeless. I live in Chula Vista, CA 91911 . Three years ago I received a gift box for Christmas which Included All the trimmings and staples that go along with Christmas Dinner. Also included was a $25.00 gift card and a voucher for a free Turkey. The church was St. Rose of Lima Outreach. I am inquiring if there are any Church's, Charities or food distributions &/or pantries in my area that provide these for homeless, people on SSI &/or low-income people at Christmas.
I would appreciate any & all assistance for clothes,
Thank you so much & God bless