Only get survivor benefits and not enough

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Moochie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Only get survivor benefits and not enough

Post by Moochie »

I am a widow with a child living at home. I do draw a small grant check for survivor benefits from social security and have a part time job. I still find it a real struggle to make ends meets. I would like to find a cheaper place to live but there really aren't any that are decent enough to raise my son. I currently pay 450 a month which is almost 60 percent of my total income. Is there a program for me?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Only get survivor benefits and not enough

Post by Admin »

So what do you need? Rent and housing help? Your benefits do not pay for that. If so, then find your options here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Bellion wrote:Hi, I have 3 sons. They are 10, 13 and 14. I am a widow. I get help with his survivor benefits but I am struggling and worrying about what to do.
Marthester5

Post by Marthester5 »

I don't seem to be eligible for anything because I only receive Social Security Disability benefits which is $1215 per month and Survivor Benefits from my husband’s passing which is $545. I've tried a few Medicare programs regarding health insurance and prescription meds and I did not qualify. I wanted to check on rent assistance (not section 8). Maybe a program that uses 30% of your annual income as I only get survivor benefits and that can't pay my bills. I have a Medicare advantage plan and I wanted to know if there is some type of health benefit that would have better coverage that is for low income. I do not want to fill out a bunch of forms just to find out my income is too high. Could someone help me with this as far as what the income limits are? Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your survivor benefits are not enough, or where cut, then look for help. Also look into Medicare as well as Medicaid. But here are some tips when social security has been cut. We have a list of other financial aid programs too.
Marthester5 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:41 am I don't seem to be eligible for anything because I only receive Social Security Disability benefits which is $1215 per month and Survivor Benefits from my husband’s passing which is $545. I've tried a few Medicare programs regarding health insurance and prescription meds and I did not qualify. I wanted to check on rent assistance (not section 8). Maybe a program that uses 30% of your annual income as I only get survivor benefits and that can't pay my bills. I have a Medicare advantage plan and I wanted to know if there is some type of health benefit that would have better coverage that is for low income. I do not want to fill out a bunch of forms just to find out my income is too high. Could someone help me with this as far as what the income limits are? Thank you very much.
Couric12

Post by Couric12 »

Hello, my name is Ashley. I am a single mother of 3. Recently my children’s father lost his 2 year battle to leukemia and passed away. ow we only get survivor benefits. This has left me with some very difficult times. I lost my job and only receive SSI for the children from their dad passing. My landlord has posted a 3 day eviction a few days ago and told me that if my rent is not paid by tonight then he will be going thru with an eviction process and then I have to get out within five days l.
I just paid to get my car out of the shop and I have five days to get out. I have never been in this situation and I have no idea what to or who to call or where to go. This is a hard time making decision for me and my children. I am trying to keep the faith that god will pull through St the eleventh hour and everything will be ok. If there is any way you can Point me in the right direction to get immediate assistance in addition to the survivor benefits. My 5 year old runes six on the tenth, to add to my stresses and feeling at my lowest. Thanks so much for any assistance or information or assistance you may provide me with. Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If survivor benefits are not enough, then try disability grants here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rants.html
Yes, it is hard to make a decision. Maybe these disability grants can help you with both the rent and car.

Couric12 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:44 am Hello, my name is Ashley. I am a single mother of 3. Recently my children’s father lost his 2 year battle to leukemia and passed away. ow we only get survivor benefits. This has left me with some very difficult times. I lost my job and only receive SSI for the children from their dad passing. My landlord has posted a 3 day eviction a few days ago and told me that if my rent is not paid by tonight then he will be going thru with an eviction process and then I have to get out within five days l.
I just paid to get my car out of the shop and I have five days to get out. I have never been in this situation and I have no idea what to or who to call or where to go. This is a hard time making decision for me and my children. I am trying to keep the faith that god will pull through St the eleventh hour and everything will be ok. If there is any way you can Point me in the right direction to get immediate assistance in addition to the survivor benefits. My 5 year old runes six on the tenth, to add to my stresses and feeling at my lowest. Thanks so much for any assistance or information or assistance you may provide me with. Sincerely