Prescription drug plan from Walmart and Humana.
Retailer Walmart has partnered with health insurer Humana to help consumers save hundreds of dollar on their prescription medications. It is open to people of all income levels and it doesn't matter whether they have health insurance coverage or not. The program is officially called the Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan (PDP).
Benefits of the Walmart Humana prescription plan
This program can provide various types of help to patients. They are revolve around helping families save money on their health care costs.
- The plan has the lowest premiums offered anywhere. No matter where you live, the premium is less than $15 per month.
- Home delivery is available from Humana, so even if you do not live near a pharmacy or distribution center you can still benefit and save money from this offering. This is especially beneficial for the sick, a homebound senior, or individual with a disability.
- Copayments from the Preferred Rx Plan (PDP) can be as low as $0 for certain covered generic prescriptions filled via Humana’s RightSource home-delivery prescription service.
- In addition to ll of that, substantial cost savings are also available when using preferred pharmacies that are part of the plan. The number of medications covered at a pharmacy is greater than the mail order service. When you use one of the over 4,000 preferred pharmacies, such as Walmart, Sam's Club and Neighborhood Market, your copayments are as low as $2 for your medications.
- When a patient takes advantage of the services and resources available to them from Walmart and Humana, it is estimated that a typical plan participant can save up to $500 per year on monthly plan premiums, coinsurance costs, and prescription co-pays. The federal government shows that this plan is the most cost effective option that consumers can sign up for, and provides people with the largest amount of savings on needed medications.
- This innovative prescription drug saving plan is available to all Medicare beneficiaries eligible for the federal government Medicare Part D. So it is wide ranging and can potentially cover millions of people across the country.
- Independent third party studies show that the prescription medication program offered by Human and Walmart can provide significant savings on both monthly plan premiums and prescription medicine copayments. It can also assist with cost-shares for Medicare beneficiaries, including people with disabilities as well as seniors.
How to apply or enroll
If you are interested in learning more or enrolling in the Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan (PDP), then you have a few different ways to do this. Consumers can visit the Humana or Medicare websites, stop by your local Walmart stores that have the Humana informational kiosks, or by calling Humana by phone at 1-800-899-0441.