Morgan County assistance programs.

To try to help the increasing number of east Morgan County Colorado residents who are in need, Caring Ministries of Fort Morgan has opened a food pantry and assistance center in Brush. Many of those who are receiving aid live in the immediate area around Brush, Hillrose, and Snyder. Unfortunately some of these people can’t get to the organization’s Fort Morgan location for food or other aid.

Many people feel that the food part of the ministry is probably the most important service that they offer. However, Caring Ministries does offer other resources, and the organization also needs additional support and donations from the more fortunate members of the community to meet the growing need in the area.

The organization’s food pantry is located in Brush at the Brush United Methodist Church, 1701 Edmunds St. The hours of the facility will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Thursday.

If you or your family is struggling, any local residents who need food or other support are welcome to stop by during normal operating hours. Those who do ask for help will be interviewed to determine their level of need. They provide aid on a as needed basis, not so much an income basis, so people of moderate income may be able to receive help.

But the help doesn’t stop with food. Caring Ministries will from time to time offer other types of assistance to those who can’t afford food because of mounting utility costs, medical bills, credit card debts, or other financial obligations. They also provide various life skills programs involve resume building, interview strategies, how to dress, the ability to recognize one’s weaknesses and strengths, problem solving skills and accepting responsibility for ones actions.





The non-profit organization might be able to pay someone’s utility bill or some other type of expense in order to help them get back on their feet. Funds may be available for rent, medical debt, and they can even direct people towards other programs, such as companies that will negotiate medical debt.

Rent aid, utility bills, and help with medical bills

Thousands of people are helped. For example, last year the Assistant Director reported that the charity organization served almost 10,000 people and a total of 3,625 families in 2009. The services provided were wide ranging, and the organization provided food aid, rent assistance, clothing, shelter and emergency financial assistance for paying back rent, utilities, medical care, hospital bills, and even transportation expenses, such as gasoline and car repairs. Or click here to read about charities that can provide free gasoline.

Many people, organizations, and churches contribute. All area churches are invited to donate funds, and even appoint a church representative to the Caring Ministries Board of Directors.

If you need help, for more information or to apply for assistance, contact Meng at 970-867-3339.




General Assistance Programs - Community Action

The main goal of the Morgan County Colorado Community Action Agency is to develop assistance programs to meet the needs of low and moderate income people and others who are struggling. The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) is a federal government program that was created to help move low and moderate income residents toward economic self-sufficiency and help them get back on their feet over the long term. Contact them at (970) 867-9409.

To qualify for aid from this federal government program, participants in the program need to meet the certain income guidelines. Services provided by the local community action agency include eye care assistance and dental assistance, resources as it pertains to furthering education, job training or employment programs, and also resources to aid in the purchase of food.

  • The Dental Assistance Program - This service will pay 80 percent of the cost of necessary and approved dental work. The patient needs to pays only the remaining 20 percent of the dental bill. The maximum allocated per family is $2,250. Find other ways to get help with dental bills. Learn more.
  • The Eye Care Assistance Program - This resource will pay up to $300 per client, at about 80 percent of a basic exam and low-cost glasses. The eye care program was designed as a one-time-only service to the patient, unless there is a medical necessity or emergency that needs to be addressed such as cataracts or glaucoma that warrants monitoring or frequent ongoing examination.








Like this site?