Greene County Arkansas assistance programs.
Low income families can get financial help for paying their bills and more. Find how to get help with paying rent, mortgages, security deposits, and utility bill assistance in Greene County. Also find a list of churches, charities, and non-profits in Paragould and the county that offer grants for paying those bills or free food, medical care and more. The assistance is combined with job placement, credit counseling, and other aid.
Kids who typically receive free or discounted lunches during the school year can continue to receive free lunches during the summer. The federal governments U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service Program will provide healthy, free snacks and meals to children during the summer months. It is a federally funded assistance program that was created to help children receive the same high-quality nutritious meals during the summer months as they do during the school calendar year.
In Greene County, you can contact the Deliverance Family Worship Center ((870) 931-5453) to participate in the program, receive free meals, or learn more.
They provide the regular summer meals program, which serves free lunch and breakfast which is really just a continuation of the regular school free and discounted meal programs for children enrolled there.
A second food assistance program that is offered is the seamless summer program. All children age 18 or younger can receive meals. And it is also available for all children, regardless of their household income status, and they may eat here for free.
Alexander Baptist Church of Paragould Arkansas runs the Angel Food Ministries program. They provide low cost groceries to families who need help. Save up to 50% on your food costs. There are no costs to the program, and anyone can receive aid. Learn more on the offering, or dial (870) 240-0003.
Help for bills and other aid in Greene County Arkansas
Good Samaritan Outreach of Marmaduke Arkansas provides the low income with utility bill payment assistance. A food pantry is also on site. Call (870) 597-2725
East Arkansas Area Agency on Aging provides housing and other aid for older adults, senior citizens, and retired in the community. Some examples include job training and career counseling, legal assistance and services, and other advice and counseling. Call (870) 236-3903.
The local community action agency, Crowley's Ridge Development Council, Inc., offers a wide number of assistance programs and options for the low income. They include
- Rental housing and housing assistance/cash grants.
- Weatherization, which is a free energy conservation program.
- Get referrals and find how to get help from another local agency, charity, or government program that can address your immediate need.
- Budgeting and financial consultations, including learning about debt reduction and foreclosure prevention programs. Get help from Arkansas HUD housing agencies.
- Summer and cooling bill assistance - Access the federal government funded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which provides eligible households with help in paying summer and winter utility bills.
- Fans, air conditions, and other summer bill paying assistance can be provided by the federal government LIHEAP program. Priority is given to families with children, elderly, and residents who are most at risk, and funding is limited. Read more.
- A free food center is located at 144 Linwood, Paragould in Greene County Arkansas.
- Receive financial help and assistance from the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Call the Crowley's Ridge Development Council, Inc. at (870) 802-7100. Continue.
Family Services from Salvation Army - Centers support both Greene County Arkansas and nearby towns such as Jonesboro. A number of social services, referrals, and aid may be available, though resources are very limited and often seasonal. Qualified families can receive.
- Free groceries or food from a pantry.
- Possible financial aid as a last resort for rent help or maybe a utility bill.
- Holiday and Christmas assistance, including toys and meals.
- Access to a Greene County and Paragould thrift store for basic needs, clothing, and more.
- Other aid is available too. Click here.