Crook and Jefferson county Oregon assistance programs
Apply for help at the Salvation Army of Prineville Oregon. Some programs may be able to offer emergency financial assistance for Prineville area residents only. It is a partnership with the local police department. Limited funds and cash can be used to pay for rent (people with eviction notices only), food vouchers, heating bills and utilities (severe need or disconnection only), medication (emergencies only), lodging (elderly and families with small children only), and limited gasoline service (strictly for emergencies, such as seeing a doctor, finding a job or addressing medical needs.) Call the Salvation Army at (541) 447-4168.
Full Service Outreach covers Crook and Jefferson County. The non-profit organization provides emergency supplies, advice, and information to members of the community. 548-5940
St. Vincent De Paul - Provides emergency assistance for expenses such as utilities, housing, and food to low income individuals and families who need help. Call 447-7662
NeighborImpact - The local community action agency can be called at (503) 548-2380.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services funds the energy assistance program, and it is offered in partnership with Oregon HEAT as well as Cascade Natural Gas Company's Winter Help Program.
- Rental assistance - Direct cash may be offered (note funding is limited) or get information and referral for individuals and families to government programs and other local non-profit organizations.
- Foreclosure - An on site Housing Center offers foreclosure prevention workshops. Also meet with a housing counselor to discuss loan refinancing and loan modifications, as well as the federal government programs and options.
- Credit and budget counseling - Credit counselors can help individuals and clients on the community action agency rebuild their credit, create a plan to reduce or eliminate their debt, establish a realistic budget, and get back on track.
- Head start - Provides children with, among other resources, educational activities and support in obtaining free medical and dental care, it will give kids healthy meals and snacks, and other food.
- Weatherization - This free program can help people reduce their monthly heating bills. Get an energy audit, improvements such as insulation, window repairs, and more.
- Food Bank - About 40 charities, churches, pantries, and other locations work with NeighborImpact to provide food to people across Central Oregon, including communities in Crook and Jefferson Counties and cities such as Madras and Prineville.
- Child care - Learn about low cost and/or affordable child care in the central Oregon area.
For more information, call the agency. Click here NeighborImpact.
Food banks in Jefferson and Crook
What is available at each center will vary, as well as the hours. They may have free groceries, applications to SNAP food stamps, and also basic needs such as clothing or Christmas meals.
- Community of Christ Church - 388-1011
- Seventh Day Adventist Center - 382-7429
- Holy Trinity Care and Share - 593-5990
- Metolious Friends Church - 546-4974
- Locate more food banks across Oregon.
Legal aid and free assistance
The not for profit Legal Aid Services of Oregon offers free legal assistance to the low income. Get advice for housing, foreclosure, consumer debts, and consumer law, among other services. 1 800 678-6944