Disability claim pending

State and local government assistance programs.
Olivia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disability claim pending

Post by Olivia »

Hello. I have a disability claim pending, for which my hearing is on August 12th. I do not have money to pay this month’s rent.
I have three special needs children, and I have been trying to call rental assistance locations but they always have a high call volume and you never actually get to speak to a person until it's too late because they can only schedule appointment 42 hours out, and the appointment would all be filled by then. I live in an income based community, and if I do not have the rent, I will get evicted. I have no money. I lost my job due to serious medical issues.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disability claim pending

Post by Admin »

Disability claims can take months or years to be approved (if they are approved) and a majority are declined. Seems like you are relying on it too much. You should explore other options. But as far as your question, here are programs and agencies that offer financial help to people waiting on disability, so maybe they can help you make it through a short period...but do not rely on them for your income based housing.
Olivia wrote:Hello. I have a disability claim pending, for which my hearing is on August 12th. I do not have money to pay this month’s rent.
I have three special needs children, and I have been trying to call rental assistance locations but they always have a high call volume and you never actually get to speak to a person until it's too late because they can only schedule appointment 42 hours out, and the appointment would all be filled by then. I live in an income based community, and if I do not have the rent, I will get evicted. I have no money. I lost my job due to serious medical issues.
Barrack

Post by Barrack »

I am a single mother and I had recently got approved for my disability as the claim was pending (thank you Jesus). I’ve struggled so long from teenage years. I could never understand why I always felt and went through so many feelings, changes well I tried purchasing a car which I did.
Long story short have a twin and her credit pass is mixed all up on my credit report so got a high interest rate of 23.99% and I now am having regrets cause I know I am not going to be able to keep it, but my sisters repossession is on my credit. Now if I could of did it all over again I would of waited but I had it for only 2 weeks.
What could I do, is there help for me and receiving disability. I have a 7 year old girl, and I don’t even have a place and I’m like the place is A LOT MORE IMPORTANT but off of my income I wouldn’t be able to afford one by myself no way.
So I just got so tired of struggling on those buses and at the time of the car purchase I just seem to feel than everything will work itself out. So what kind of resource if any could help someone like myself?
But I am like all alone. My mom passed in 2012 and no father so, but I thought I was making the right decision but really purchasing the car was a huge mistake. And then housing section 8 I was on the waiting list with my mom and went to check into getting things changed on the application and they treated me so UNFAIR.
LONG STORY SHORT THE LADY LIED AND SAID I DID NOT CHANGE MY ADDRESS OVER WHICH I DID. MY MOM WAS ON A VENTILATOR 24/7 AND ON DISABILITY. I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT BUT SHE MENTALLY WAS THERE 100% AND I BROUGHT HER HOME FROM NURSING HOME IN NEW APARTMENT AND SHE MADE SURE I WENT NOT TO MENTION I WAS PREGNANT AT THE TIME.
BUT I WOULD OF HAD IT AS OF NOW. A YEAR AGO WAS THAT 7/8 MARK WHICH WHEN I APPLIED THEY TOLD ME I HAD AN 8 YEAR WAITING TIME AND THAT ALL I HAD TO LOOK FORWARD TO. AS FAR AS ANY HOPE BEING ABLE TO AFFORD A PLACE ON MY OWN BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN UP HOUSING TO UPDATE ME BEING DISABLED,I WONDER WOULD THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOW AND MOVE ME UP A LITTLE OR THE WAITING LIST.
IS THERE ANY PROFESSIONAL PERSON I CAN TALK TO THAT CAN HELP OR GUIDE AND DIRECT ME TO ANY THING I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO. IS THERE ANY RIGHTS THAT I HAVE? THEY MADE ME RE-APPLY and I PUT A NEW APPLICATION IN 11/13/18 BUT SORRY SO LONG BUT SO MANY ISSUES AND I MEET GUIDELINES.
HELP I'VE BEEN HOLDING ON TO FAITH SO LONG. SORRY I APOLOGIZE.
WHO EVER HALVES TO READ THIS PROBABLY UPSET, BUT I NEED SOME ONE THAT CAN HELP ME AS THEY DONE ME SO WRONG.
I WAS SO HURT, CRUSHED AND EMOTIONALLY BOTHERED CAUSE WHAT NOW, I'VE GOT BAD CREDIT CAUSE OF A TWIN WHO GETTING HIGH AND DON'T CARE AND NO REAL FAMILY.
MY DAUGHTERS FATHER USED MY SITUATION AGAINST ME AND FILED CUSTODY, CHILD SUPPORT. Financially I haven’t been good but I got all the love in the world and even court took his side he lied so much but finally got that straighten out and got joint legal custody.
I never neglect my baby, no social service and what you call it child protective service in evolved but cause of his manipulative /lying ways put me though god only knows.
I ended owing child support, $5,000 pending which I still do but even going through all of that I still always had her.'
The court don’t and didn’t know half the truth but I never took it out on her because of him I still kept my baby but that was his way of paying me back for leaving him at the end.
I was so tired I just agreed to things to get myself backed up out the corner. The law when it comes to child cases is CRAZY BUT GOD BRING ME THOROUGH ALL OF THAT SO I OVER CAME A LOT AND IN THE END I HAD TO PAY THE ARREARS.
BUT THE WHOLE TIME WHILE THAT WAS GOING ON I WAS FILING FOR DISABILITY AND ALL THAT ACCUMULATED. MEANWHILE THAT NOT FAIR. I NEED LEGAL ADVICE, HELP WITH HOUSING (SOMETHING INCOME BASE).
LEASE WHO EVER GETS THIS PLEASE TRY TO BE UNDERSTANDING AND NOT MAD AT ME CAUSE OF THIS RIDICULOUS STORY. LONG STORY SORRY BUT TRY TO ALLOW UNDERSTANDING TO GET THE REAL HELP I NEED. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.
Ajai

Post by Ajai »

I have applied for disability, Medicaid and SSI and am in the process of getting approved or denied but I am realizing this is a long process and it is pending. I am currently staying with a friend but not sure how long that will last and have nowhere else to go so I was wondering if I could start the section 8 or 811 process and need information. I don't have a phone at the moment either so email is best to reply. Thank you
Tran

Post by Tran »

I live in Metropolis, IL and I am in need of financial assist with my rent. I am facing eviction in about a week. I recently filed for disability and my case is still pending. I have 3 children in my home and I have tried to find other ways to come up the money on my own but I am unable too. If you know of any organization in my area that can assist me please let me know. I pray every day for help and I am starting to feel hopeless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if your disability claim is pending, it can take a while. Months or years. In fact most disability applications are rejected. But there is disability assistance in Illinois. Maybe they can take care of housing for you and your 3 kids and help with other needs.
Tran wrote:I live in Metropolis, IL.
AdamSmith

Post by AdamSmith »

I have been out on disability for 2 months - had major spine surgery but have not gotten 1 penny of my disability money which I paid into for 7 years. Need to pay rent, electric, phone & the companies are not going to wait any longer. Have a 67-yr old mother who is disabled & lives with me plus 3 little dogs, 2 of whom are disabled & on medication. My situation cannot get any worse & I desperately need some help, mainly with rent & electric. Can anyone temporarily help me until I get my disability money?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes the disabled, if their income is low income, can get phone bill help from Lifeline or Link up. Try those while your claim is pending. We also have many other resources listed on the site for anyone facing disability, including free government cell phones. This are from assuranct and other companies.
AdamSmith wrote:I have been out on disability for 2 months - Can anyone temporarily help me until I get my disability money?
Leann D

Post by Leann D »

Hello,
My name is Sarah. I live in Clearfield, Kentucky in Rowan County and we have a pending disability claim. My husband recently broke his ankle and had to have surgery on it. We've been fighting with the hospital, Dr's office and his jobs temporary disability program and still haven't gotten it resolved. The disability claim is still pending.
But, even then we have been struggling with his paychecks week to week anyways, let alone with only 50% disability. Are their any programs in my area that are still helping with rent and bills? I was looking into the eviction and utility relief program but they've closed all applications due to lack of pending funding. We have to little boys and really need help. Thank you for it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In these cases, for claims pending and no answer from the social security administration, then look into professional help. There are advocates, lawyers, and others. Find a disability lawyer to help with filings.