Working 40 hours week but still behind

State and local government assistance programs.
Whiskey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Working 40 hours week but still behind

Post by Whiskey »

Hello; good morning, my name is Jessica. I work a ton; I manage up to 35 to 40 hours a week but still behind on bills. But it seems I can’t make my bills. It this month has been the worse so far. I ended up in the hospital for almost a week. Pretty much lost my job. Ended up getting it back. (Thank my higher power).
It’s been hard to get to work, so I’m holding on by a thread. I honestly don't know how I still have this job. I never have asked anyone for help like this. I feel like it's embarrassing. I should be able to make my bills when working 40 hours. Usually sell my stuff or donate plasma but right now I can't donate. My sister unfortunately stole my social security card. Along with the check from Southwest Gas company. I need to get a new social security card before I can donate again. I don't have very many items to sell anymore. I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I don’t have any family out here in Tucson that have the funds to help me at the moment. And I’m not close to the family I have outside the state. I also recently found out I'm schizophrenic. Deal with that has been a total different world. I’m going to Codac Behavioral Health to try and get help. Keep it under control.
I’m bi-plore also trying to get on medications to bring that down. I don't get food stamps. Although I'm trying my best to but with only one day off it's really hard to get everything done especially when it's on a Saturday. With no car makes it even harder. I’m a hard worker. I’m a housekeeper at The red lion inn & suites.( If you’d like the number just let me know).
But as hard as I work it never seems to pay off.. If you could please help me this one time you have no idea how grateful appreciated I would be. My rent is 600 (I have 3 of this).  My tep utility bills is 220 (I have none of this).
If you could be so kind to help with any. Even a dollar would help at this point. I work from 8 am to most days 4:30-5 pm. You are welcome to leave a voicemail. Please do weather you can or cannot help. I would much appreciate it.Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Working 40 hours week but still behind

Post by Admin »

You sound like a hard worker! Since you have a decent income, but are apparently still struggling, maybe look into free stuff for working adults. If you can get some items for free (instead of buying them), that may free up your income for other bills. Or maybe save some money for emergency savings, retirement, college, or whatever else will help you over the long term.
Whiskey wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:11 am Hello; good morning, my name is Jessica. I work a ton; I manage up to 35 to 40 hours a week but still behind on bills.
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

I desperately need help paying my rent my kids & live in Greensburg IN. I'm on a waiting list for housing assistants and I work 40 hours a week. I'm just waiting for the list to open back up so I can start receiving help. I've been on the list since November last year. The apartment manager of our apartment complex is trying to bully us out of here. She was working with me then stopped without reason. I'm working part time and going back to school for a total of 40 hours a week, and I am still behind. I'm behind on rent, my gas bill & my electric bill. I'm trying very hard to keep up with rent & bills but my hours at work have been cut drastically. I make $7.50 an hour. I was getting about 25 hours a week. This week I only got 11 hours. Please help my kids and I have no wear else to go. I've exhausted all my option around town it seems. Thank you for your time & consideration.
Poppy
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are working 40 hours + and still behind, you probably need a wide range of resources. Try the main site for dozens of financial assistance programs.
We also have a search bar, income opportunities, charities and more listed.
Prison Daddy

Post by Prison Daddy »

Hi there,
I've reached out to you in the past for some information but now I am in a very hard spot, even though I work 40 hours a week, and I really need some help. I'm hoping that you can either send my email to who this needs to go to or that you can be my direct contact person for this. I am stuck in in a little trouble when it comes to my family. I have been a full-time nursing student and still enrolled. My child's father was helping us with rent and has left us and we now are completely stuck. I do have a job that I'm going to start in the next month or so but I don't know what I'm going to do about rent. I have some friends and family that can help me with my car insurance, phone bill and luckily my electric and gas are on Heap and I get food stamps thank goodness, but I don't know how I'm going to pay rent on February 1st. I will either have to pay rent or I will get an eviction notice.
I already don't have the best credit and if I get an eviction notice not only will it destroy my credit but I will be unable to rent in multiple other locations in the future. It is myself, my 7 year old and my twin 7 month old babies. I am completely at a loss and I'm hoping that someone, the right person gets this and can help me.
Even if it is just one month of rent, that would be more helpful than you would even know! I can pay you back as I work 40 hours per week. I have never been in this situation and I am scared to death that I'm going to have three kids and be homeless. The location we are at my daughter transfers District lead to her old school that she's been going to since kindergarten. If we also have to quickly up move and leave I might lose not only her transfer to the school that she's gone to for a few years but also might have to transfer complete schools in general.
If we have to leave this will destroy so many things in different aspects of all four of our lives. Please please please, someone with a good heart, please please help me! I don't have any other way or assistance to get through this and I'm begging you. Please let me know as soon as possible if you need anything from me or what I can or can't do to move forward from this. Any assistance and guidance would be gratefully appreciated to a hard working women - working 40 hours but still can't make end meet. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from someone soon. God bless!
Emily
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We recommend getting a little more support. We have financial assistance, job programs and more listed for every state and county. Find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/find_help.html
Either way you can get some financial help in your county near you, information on how to get long term support while you work 40 hours a week and so much more.
Prison Daddy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:26 pm Hi there,
I've reached out to you in the past for some information but now I am in a very hard spot, even though I work 40 hours a week, and I really need some help. I'm hoping that you can either send my email to who this needs to go to or that you can be my direct contact person for this. I am stuck in in a little trouble when it comes to my family.
Mena Carlisle

Post by Mena Carlisle »

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to humbly request assistance with my rental, utilities and food expenses. Despite my employment of 40 hours per week, I have been struggling to catch up on these essential costs, and I find myself in need of support during this challenging time.
I want to emphasize that I am dedicated to my job, working full time 40 hours, and work diligently to sustain myself. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have encountered difficulties in managing my financial responsibilities. This has led to a strain on my ability to cover basic necessities, including rent and food.
I understand the importance of meeting my obligations, and I am committed to addressing this situation responsibly. Your understanding and assistance would provide me with much-needed relief and support as I work towards stabilizing my finances so no longer behind.
I kindly ask for your consideration in this matter and would appreciate any guidance or support you can offer during this time. Your help would make a significant difference in my current circumstances.
Thank you for taking the time to read my request. I am grateful for any assistance you can provide. Please feel free to reach out if you require any further information or clarification.
Warm regards