Desperately needs help

Find how to get help with rent
DBin214
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Desperately needs help

Post by DBin214 »

I desperately need help! I have applied for disability and been denied repeatedly even though the Dr. says I am not able to work yet the government says sure I can work. I am HIV Positive, have COPD, Thyroid issues which makes me tired all the time, back and neck issues and other medical issues. My sister has been helping me but her money is running out as she has recently become unemployed. My disability advocate has told me that it could be up to a year before we hear anything else from the government. I AM THREE MONTHS BEHIND on my rent and my landlord is ready to evict me. I am afraid of being homeless. PLEASE help .. any help would be appreciated!! I can do small odd jobs but they are extremely hard to find. Anyone out there with any suggestions?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Desperately needs help

Post by Admin »

What state? Most programs are local so without knowing more details are reply will need to be more general. There are housing programs specifically targeted at the disabled and HIV positive. They include HOPWA programs and others. We also have information on the site about how an advocate can help people apply for disability and there is no cost involved. Here are some of the rental and housing programs for the disabled. Learn more.
DBin214

Post by DBin214 »

I live in the State of Texas. I have called and visited numerous agencies who claim they are here to help but when I get there they either have no money or they want to know how much income I have. If I had any income I wouldn't need help. I was even told by the Salvation Army that since I didn't make a certain amount that they can't help me. Yes they have requirements of a certain level of income before they will even consider helping someone. Just don't understand. But it's their policy not mine.

This is just getting worse every day. I can't pay rent and if kicked out I can't afford to find a new place to live which will leave me homeless .. yet no one seems to want to help or refuses to even see me about helping me.

I don't understand.

I have used HOPWA but they have told me they are out of money.

What's happening? I don't understand.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

More information Texas programs is here. There are details rent assistance, energy bill programs, food, job training, health care and much more originates from this link. Also, as you mentioned, all agencies have limited funding and application processes. Unfortunately we can't do anything about that.
ttp://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/texas_ ... grams.html
DBin214

Post by DBin214 »

THANKS for the list however .. have you personally tried to contact any of the agencies you have listed? Because I have and all I hear from them is "Sorry but we are out of money" or "Sorry but we are not set up to assist single individuals" or even "Sorry but you do not qualify because you are not employed". WTF?

That's why I posted here .. I thought this might be a site that would help find active and helpful agencies who are actually able to help. Guess I was wrong! But thanks for your "imput" :(
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While thank you for the comments, we are not really sure we understand your point.

Unfortunately all agencies, charities, etc. have limited funding and different application processes. We can't do anything about that. Funding for any agency comes and goes based on donations, fund raisers, maybe government grants, etc. Unfortunately there is no agency, not even the federal government, that has unlimited resources.

Also, we have information on many other resources as well that don't depend on available funding levels. For example, we have extensive information on utility company payment plans, government mortgage modifications, free legal aid, and much more. So many agencies can help in other ways and funding levels aren't relevant to the support they provide.
DBin214

Post by DBin214 »

Although this is very disappointing .. you keep telling me the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I really was not asking for the "administrator" to come on the thread and offer the same information I could find online by searching. I was looking for some help from someone with the means to help.

As for you NOT UNDERSTANDING - how much clearer can I put it. The agencies you gave me a web address for (again something I could find online myself) give their typical answer - no funds available. SO PLEASE stop repeating yourself .. if you are not able help then please don't offer suggestions that are available by doing a search online.

I am not disappointed at you .. I am disappointed that all YOU are doing is offering NO HELP!

I am sure you have posted on EVERY thread the same thing .. I wasn't aware this was a "post then wait for the admin to offer a suggestion" site. I would rather have no suggestions from you Admin than to see you posting the same thing over and over about worthless agencies who supposedly offer help!
Skylert

Post by Skylert »

My family is currently homeless living in a cheap hotel. My husband is fully disabled and we have a 10 year old daughter. I am the only able bodied adult in the home and am having difficulties making ends meet and finding suitable housing for my family. We currently have no money and no food and am borrowing a vehicle from a family member. I don't even have enough funding to keep gas in the car to get back and forth to work.
I am at a loss and don't know where to turn. My checks are being garnished as well making it even more difficult to get back on my feet. Even with the garnishment I have been told I make too much for any assistance from the government but not enough to take care of what needs to be done. My credit is causing issues on gaining a home too, but I am currently working on filing bankruptcy because it is the only option I have to get kind of close to getting out of this situation. At this time my situation is very grim. Any suggestions or help offered would be highly appreciated. I am struggling daily and feel it's time to reach out.
Larryfitch

Post by Larryfitch »

My 28 year old son is single, no children. He has mental disability and contributing to that stabilization is finding a low income place to live. He is in Snohomish County, on several lists, even one via his mental health clinic. He is drug free. He is constantly told he is in the top six for housing, yet never gets past that for nearly 3 years. He needs a safe studio apartment, in laws or room for no more than $300.00 per month. Have tried local Hud etc...