Can I use EBT card at Trader Joes?

How to save money, tips, and advice.
Globemaster
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Can I use EBT card at Trader Joes?

Post by Globemaster »

Hello, I saw that your organization assists with food stamp applications. I was hoping myself and kids could request for help with shopping using our EBT card at stores including Trader Joes. I lost my job a couple weeks ago and have had interviews but no one has hired me.
I am doing my best to get some funds and drive for Lyft and buy food for my kids. Unfortunately being it's conference week I'm not able to work the hours my kids go to school due to my youngest getting out of school at noon all this week. I also live 100 feet from a Trader Joes and shop there to save money on gas but do they take Food stamps and my EBT card there?
Please let me know. Also what I can do to get assistance or what I need in order to be assisted.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I use EBT card at Trader Joes?

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Traders Joes takes EBT or food stamps, or your states equivalent. But of course you have to buy EBT eligible items (like at any store). Trader Joes does not mark what items qualify, like some grocers do. So be careful at make sure you buy approved items. Read more on the EBT process. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tamps.html
MacroCar

Post by MacroCar »

I need to find a application to food stamps renewals. I just applied for disability. I do not know how long it will take to get approved. So I need something in the meantime that will allow me to shop at Kroger and Trader Joes. I live Rockville MD. 20853, also I need to pick up some of my prescriptions. I do not have the money for groceries or meds as well. I also need some household items from Trader Joes and can I use that EBT card to get that? I am on food stamps but that does not come out to April 30 and I know I will need to extend them. But needing paper towels etc. I would still need to pay for that, food stamps does not pay for things like that I do not think. Please advise.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Food stamps are offered in each state, as the rules/regulations are set locally too in partnership with the federal government. They will also provide details on the EBT card experience, shopping for items at Trader Joes or another stores and more. Your best bet is to contact you local state social service office, and find SNAP application phone numebrs.
Also, note some states call SNAP or food stamps a different name. So even the terminology varies, so please be mindful of that.
MacroCar wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:31 am I need to find a application to food stamps renewals.