How to save money, tips, and advice.
Olivia1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Free food deals

Post by Olivia1 »

Hello,
My name is Jeremy. I'm 41 years old, and I live in Medina, New York and I am looking for deals for food, groceries or meals. Medina is located in Orleans County. I'm looking to find help paying bills specifically food. I'm currently getting cash assistance, and SNAP from the county I live in due to my mental illnesses. The cash assistance is not a lot, $430.00 or so, and $250.00 for food so a free deal would be great to help me. I've been declined twice from Social Security due to the Doctor they speak to, even though My Doctor and My Therapist at the County Health Center filled out forms stating that I'm disabled due to my mental illnesses.
They even stated that my illnesses are permanent. I have anxiety disorder, severe depression, suicidal thoughts, and post-traumatic stress disorder. It's odd that the Orleans County Social Services deems me as disabled, but Social Security thinks I should be able to work with my illnesses. I'm not sure how to go about getting more help with bills or food. I was hoping you can help point me in the right direction for financial help or free food deals. Sorry if I've given you too much information about my situation. I can always be reached at this email the message was sent from. Thanks for reading this over and getting back to.
Randstad

Re: Free food deals

Post by Randstad »

I live in the Oaks at St. John's apartments in Florida, and I have 5 kids who are 12 and younger. I need help with food to ensure my kids get what they need. I'm also behind 1 month on bills which totals $1,148 but I currently have $400. With no transportation or consistent Internet or school it's been hard finding and keeping a job not to mention to get food or find deals for 5 kids. I can't just leave my kids home alone in the quest for a food pantry or resources that give food deals. I pray you all can help me, thank you for your time.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

My brother in law lives in Florida. Lost his job a month ago and now needs food and money for other bills. Has no internet, no cell phone, no money and no source of income and needs free stuff or some sort of deals to get by. He cannot apply for unemployment without a phone for texts or an email address to receive info. He doesn't remember his email password and cannot retrieve it without a phone to text it to. My wife sent him money to have his electric turned on and to buy food and he made a deal he would try to pay us back. He is mentally slow. He needs help that we cannot give him from NY. Can you give him any deals for food or other programs? He has been unemployed for one month. He is 50 years old had lived with his parents his entire life. They both died within a year of each other last year.
We tried calling unemployment, the message hang-up on you after telling you to apply online.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is another link for free food deals. These will help the caregiver referenced above, the low-income families, etc. This resources includes everything from coupons to pantries, discount stores with deals, and more. Look here for more free food deals. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I'm a single parent.
My car broke down on me yesterday and I'm supposed to be starting a new job, hopefully next week. So I can't work, and can't buy food and now we need deals for groceries and stuff. I'm just waiting on my background check to go through.
I've called 211 to try to find some assistance with a repair bills however they had no suggestions in my area. (Other than the town trustee, which I just had an appointment with yesterday to get help with paying my rent and they'll only help you once a year.)
I've contacted Love Inc. also, another agency here in town that helps in emergency situations. They're unable to offer me any assistance.
I don't know what to do or who else to contact to try and get some assistance getting my car fixed and to get free food or find deals in my region I have to get to work I couldn't even get to the Pantry yesterday and I needed to go so bad. I have a 13 year old boy who's ALWAYS hungry and we're about out of food.
If you could help to guide me in the right direction I greatly appreciate it. I've done all I know what to do and I'm not sure where to go from here.
Thank you for you time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition the that other resource for free grocery deals, try pantries, food banks or soup kitchens. As almost all towns (no matter who small or rural) have some type of pantry that gives out free food to people in crisis. Find them here, a list where to get free food.