Help With car repair for full time student/single mother

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
rrenee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help With car repair for full time student/single mother

Post by rrenee »

I am a single mother of three and also a full time student trying to prepare myself and my children for a better furture (knowing that w/o a proper education we would continue to struggle to make ends meet) I am also unemployed (so funds are very limited). My children vary in age so each attend a different school (youngest in daycare) I am in class usually when they are. So taking them to school/daycare on a bus would take several hours (I do not let any of my children ride on the bus by themselves). My son (middle child) is the only one who the school provides transportation for (my oldest, youngest, and myself would all have to ride on the public bus..Metro) but I would have to leave my house hours before school even opened to make sure each of us would arrive on time. So I thought it would be wise to buy a car (with a loan check from school), before summer end and the new school year begins to make it possible for each of us to be in class on time. Unfortunately with the lack of knowledge I have with vehicles, I made the wrong decision. The car I purchased is now sitting in my parking lot and does not run (stalls out as soon as it turns on even before it is put in gear). As I stated before I am a full time student and not working. I actually googled ways/services to help but only found a service that would donate a car to me and my family (which would also be a blessing) but I don't think it would be right to take a car from another family in need (since my car would be cheaper to repair instead of getting new and is just outside my door). I live in Akron, Ohio (Summit County) and was wondering if there are any services that would help or even a loan I could qualify for that would help. The loan would have to accept payments after college (and I don't think it could be from a school loan since I used that to buy the car). Please help! And Thank you for any provided information
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help With car repair for full time student/single mother

Post by Admin »

There are numerous programs in Summit County and the Akron Ohio area. Not sure if any pay for car repairs, expenses, etc.
Some of the agencies and numbers are here, but try the link below to find more info. Hudson Community Service Association phone number 330.653.6509
Lakemore United Community Council dial 330.794.1533
Here are several other numbers
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html

Also try 1800 charity cars and ways to work. While I do not think they can help themselves, they may have other ideas.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _work.html
rrenee wrote:I am a single mother of three and also a full time student trying to prepare myself and my children for a better furture (knowing that w/o a proper education we would continue to struggle to make ends meet) I am also unemployed (so funds are very limited). My children vary in age so each attend a different school (youngest in daycare) I am in class usually when they are. So taking them to school/daycare on a bus would take several hours (I do not let any of my children ride on the bus by themselves). My son (middle child) is the only one who the school provides transportation for (my oldest, youngest, and myself would all have to ride on the public bus..Metro) but I would have to leave my house hours before school even opened to make sure each of us would arrive on time. So I thought it would be wise to buy a car (with a loan check from school), before summer end and the new school year begins to make it possible for each of us to be in class on time. Unfortunately with the lack of knowledge I have with vehicles, I made the wrong decision. The car I purchased is now sitting in my parking lot and does not run (stalls out as soon as it turns on even before it is put in gear). As I stated before I am a full time student and not working. I actually googled ways/services to help but only found a service that would donate a car to me and my family (which would also be a blessing) but I don't think it would be right to take a car from another family in need (since my car would be cheaper to repair instead of getting new and is just outside my door). I live in Akron, Ohio (Summit County) and was wondering if there are any services that would help or even a loan I could qualify for that would help. The loan would have to accept payments after college (and I don't think it could be from a school loan since I used that to buy the car). Please help! And Thank you for any provided information
rrenee

Post by rrenee »

Thank you all for the advice/information. I tried all option for Akron/Summit County but didn't qualify because I am unemployed (guess it doesn't matter if your a full time student). Although many people work and goes to school full time, I don't think the trade-off is worth it (having extra funds to pay someone else to raise my children) so again thanks for all the info!
Rudys

Post by Rudys »

Hello. My daughter's school pointed me this direction to ask for some assistance I am desperately needing help getting my car running again. I am a single mother, who just moved to Bloomington Indiana. I am a student here as well as working. I just got my own house for me and my 10 year old daughter I was able to put her in a private Christian School with some vouchers that assisted with that, and they have no buses.
All parents have to take their kids to and from school which we have been doing ever since the start of the school year. And I am currently looking for a job here but now everything is on pause because my car is broke down.
I there any financial car repair Assistance or anything similar to that that could help me with getting my car going again for a student who is also a single mom? I'm struggling to get her back and forth to school now and I need to find a job ASAP. I really need help with my car I don't know who else or where else to go please let me know thank you so much.