Assaulted so no income, work, or money

State and local government assistance programs.
March
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assaulted so no income, work, or money

Post by March »

To whom it may concern,
I am in desperate need of rent and bill assistance after a serious assault that put me in the hospital. I have been working part-time through Covid as a security guard, registered with the state of California Registration, to make ends meet. On March 25, 2022 I was assaulted by a drunk individual & I needed emergency assistance. Since then my employer has expressed that I am a liability and has not called me for work since April 2022, as the assault put me out of work with no income
I currently have a work comp claim and filed with the Department of Labor for multiple past decimation situations, payroll violations, etc...(see attached). I have actively looked for work on a daily basis but I have had no success, to date. In fact, I have been denied work as an administrative assistant (my primary field) because of Covid and the time I have been part-timing as a security guard :-(
I currently care for my 3 year old goddaughter 8+ hours a day, which I have been doing since she was born. Mother is not really in the picture anymore. She attempts to see's her daughter every other weekend and most times she cancels, so her father and I are the sole caregivers for this child.
I attempted to re-apply for Unemployment Benefits but was denied due to exhausting funds during Covid.
I really don't know what else to do and really need help, so my 3 year old goddaughter and I are not forced to homelessness?
Please provide any help you can since I can't work due to the assault. I would be truly grateful.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assaulted so no income, work, or money

Post by Admin »

The Society of St. Paul is a national charity with locations in California too. They may be able to help you recover from the assault, both with emergency financial help as well as information on job programs, self-sufficiency and more. They are often also called SVDP, and look here for more details. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ancia.html
Ozark

Post by Ozark »

Good morning.
I've been out of work without pay since the beginning of August as I was assaulted, hurt, and have no money now. I applied for FM:A but was denied because they couldn't verify my identity (with the front picture of my drivers license and my screenshot with all my info from the mass.gov/rmv website. They NEED the hard copy back of my ID.
My wallet and keys (attached to my wallet with keychains displaying me full first and last name was stolen when I was assulated on June 24th (the anniversary of my mom's passing.) I then went and handed out my spare set of keys in a box full of food I was delivering to the same neighborhood in Worcester that my wallet was taken from. I wanted to give to them because I felt they needed it more that me but it was an accident handing over the whole box and forgetting to take my key(single key) out. It was also probably.
Those same people swiped MY debit card as I was standing at speedway trying to use my Apple Pay that Santander set a new card up on immediately so I could get gas. Someone 2 minutes before I swiped my Apple Pay was at the same gas station swiping my card for 75$. I was already struggling financially but then that happened (there wasn't even any cash in the actual wallet -maybe like 3$-so I don't understand why no one could just return it but maybe I was just overdue for a wallet stealing.
I need help. My car payment is now 2 months behind and up for repossession. I'm driving around now with No Insurance because I don't have 350 to pay them and now the registry won't give me an ID because my card declined after being negative so I tried my dads and it said "duplicate transaction." I just purchased an ID in April. It was stolen during the assault, with the last of my money in it so I now have none.
My electricity is about to get shut off probably and gas and some of my rent (1 month behind now.)
I applied for cash assistance to cover the car payment. The amount I owe is 356. They gave me 160! So I had to deliver pizza under the table in Haverhill (postmates, door dash and Uber and grubhub won't hire me because my RN license was suspended in 2012.) I hustled up 100 and was waiting for this 160 from Dta but it's still not even a dent.
My bank account is still negative and I have no way of taking care of that but it doesn't stop the overdraft and sustained overdraft fees from piling up.
These are just the priority bills that I need to pay. They rest I will take care of when I get back to work and get an income. My job doesn't want me there until I can get myself back to normal.
I lost 5 close people in one month between April and may. I was grieving from that and someone called DCF on me. They told me my case was unsupported so I told them I want my 8 month old nephew OUT of their custody because now he's failure to thrive on a feeding tube with a social worker telling my brother he shouldn't be hungry so don't feed him he ate an hour ago. The social worker who shows up every time no diaper bag, never held a baby before in her life and told my brother that. She also called my nephew that I'VE NEVER GOT TO HOLD that he's a "brat" because he cries every time he has to go with her away from his parents who love him and care about him and would take so much better care of him. DCF hasn't helped them not one little bit with referrals for ANYTHING for work or money. So I feel obligated to take on all of that too!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a long list of needs. First of all, safety is always priority, and there are free legal services and of course the authorities to contact. As far as your other needs, there is financial help in each state, job programs, counseling and more. Look here for [urlhttps://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/govern ... tance.html]financial assistance[/url].
Ozark wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:46 am Good morning.
I've been out of work without pay since the beginning of August as I was assaulted, hurt, and have no money now. I applied for FM:A but was denied because they couldn't verify my identity (with the front picture of my drivers license and my screenshot with all my info from the mass.gov/rmv website. They NEED the hard copy back of my ID.
My wallet and keys (attached to my wallet with keychains displaying me full first and last name was stolen when I was assulated on June 24th (the anniversary of my mom's passing.) I then went and handed out my spare set of keys in a box full of food I was delivering to the same neighborhood in Worcester that my wallet was taken from. I wanted to give to them because I felt they needed it more that me but it was an accident handing over the whole box and forgetting to take my key(single key) out. It was also probably.
Those same people swiped MY debit card as I was standing at speedway trying to use my Apple Pay that Santander set a new card up on immediately so I could get gas. Someone 2 minutes before I swiped my Apple Pay was at the same gas station swiping my card for 75$. I was already struggling financially but then that happened (there wasn't even any cash in the actual wallet -maybe like 3$-so I don't understand why no one could just return it but maybe I was just overdue for a wallet stealing.
I need help. My car payment is now 2 months behind and up for repossession. I'm driving around now with No Insurance because I don't have 350 to pay them and now the registry won't give me an ID because my card declined after being negative so I tried my dads and it said "duplicate transaction." I just purchased an ID in April. It was stolen during the assault, with the last of my money in it so I now have none.
My electricity is about to get shut off probably and gas and some of my rent (1 month behind now.)
I applied for cash assistance to cover the car payment. The amount I owe is 356. They gave me 160! So I had to deliver pizza under the table in Haverhill (postmates, door dash and Uber and grubhub won't hire me because my RN license was suspended in 2012.) I hustled up 100 and was waiting for this 160 from Dta but it's still not even a dent.
My bank account is still negative and I have no way of taking care of that but it doesn't stop the overdraft and sustained overdraft fees from piling up.
These are just the priority bills that I need to pay. They rest I will take care of when I get back to work and get an income. My job doesn't want me there until I can get myself back to normal.
I lost 5 close people in one month between April and may. I was grieving from that and someone called DCF on me. They told me my case was unsupported so I told them I want my 8 month old nephew OUT of their custody because now he's failure to thrive on a feeding tube with a social worker telling my brother he shouldn't be hungry so don't feed him he ate an hour ago. The social worker who shows up every time no diaper bag, never held a baby before in her life and told my brother that. She also called my nephew that I'VE NEVER GOT TO HOLD that he's a "brat" because he cries every time he has to go with her away from his parents who love him and care about him and would take so much better care of him. DCF hasn't helped them not one little bit with referrals for ANYTHING for work or money. So I feel obligated to take on all of that too!