Going to school to better myself but now behind on bills

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Elway J
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Going to school to better myself but now behind on bills

Post by Elway J »

Hello. I wanted to know if there is any way possible if I can get help to pay my rent for the months of September through November? I really need the help, being a single parent and going to school, I can barely keep up with my bills let alone my rent.
I work through a temp agency but I'm not getting any hours and my checks are only $80. My rent is $490 and it’s hard trying to keep up with the rent and taking care of my daughter. If I'm able to get just September and October paid for me, I would be very grateful for that!! Please feel free to send me an email.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Going to school to better myself but now behind on bills

Post by Admin »

That is enviable. So you are a single mom, going to school, working, and trying to better yourself. Congratulations! You may want to check with the community action agency in Arkansas. They are a great resource for job seekers or the working "poor". Maybe you will qualify for LIHEAP energy bill help or a government grant. Or even day care vouchers while you are at school. So try them, and find information on Arkansas community action agencies.
Luck

Post by Luck »

I'm a single father of two daughters who is going to school too and working. I have recently lost my job due to days missed taking care of my children. We are up for eviction and I'm very scared. I cannot find employment and running out of time. I've been told by my county that they have no funds available to me. But I feel that's not true. I've had a very hard time with crisis control in my town treating me like a criminal, even though I work and trying for college degree. I'm very stressed and worried I just need help so I can properly raise my children. I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time gaining assistance. We live in Kernersville NC that's Forsyth County. Please help me I'm a week or two away from eviction and school is about to start for my kids, and I am in school year rouind for my degree. My number is in case you need it also. Thank you for your time and please if you can I need help. I just want to raise my kids proper and safely.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The majority of the people who seek help are single moms...not very often we get a request from a single good. But in either case, the programs and assistance will be the same. But great for you for going to school year round for a degree, more skills, higher income, etc. Try this for financial aid in Forsyth County.
Luck wrote:I'm a single father of two daughters who is going to school too and working. We live in Kernersville NC that's Forsyth County. Please help me I'm a week or two away from eviction and school is about to start for my kids, and I am in school year round for my degree. My number is in case you need it also. Thank you for your time and please if you can I need help. I just want to raise my kids proper and safely.