Part time income doesn't cover my bills

State and local government assistance programs.
P Palmer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Part time income doesn't cover my bills

Post by P Palmer »

I need help on my rent and electric bill. I work as a breakfast cook at a hotel on Saturday and Sundays totaling 4 hours a day. That's not enough hours to cover my rent $523 and electric which both are past due and I still owe 168 from last months rent I wasn't able to pay. I don't want to be evicted but I've been trying to make it.
Last month I had to pawn items of my own to help pay these two bills. By the grace and mercy of God I've been able to be here in this apartment this long. My lease is up January 6th. I'm already behind on rent again so this month is $768 total and electric is $198. I don't want to be evicted or with out power. By the 15th rent is no longer accepted because its already considered late after the 5th of each month. Please help me if you can. I'm out if options at this point in my struggle to survive. Thank you so very much.
Linden

Re: Part time income doesn't cover my bills

Post by Linden »

I’m really needing help. I lost my job I live in a studio by myself, I have no food or food stamps. I been selling my things to get by and working part time. I just went to the hospital for being sick.

My rent was due on the 1st and my car payment was due last week. I've never struggled this bad. I need a boost to help me get back on my feet. It hurts to feel like there’s none here to help me unless I have kid or on in rehab. I just graduated college but in debt for that also. Please can someone help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you need a full time job, and look into federal programs and other centers for advice and referrals. That is the only way you will be able to sustain those expenses you have, but of course you can also decide to cut back on your expenses too, which would be a good idea. But locate the job centers that you can try. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nters.html
KStewart

Post by KStewart »

My husband was out of work for almost 2 months and we got behind on our bills and now we are facing eviction and our vehicles getting repossessed as well as our electricity and home phone being disconnected. He started a new part-time job this past week but they won't give him a paycheck until he's worked 3 weeks total. We just need help catching up on payments until he gets paid because we will lose everything unless we do something ASAP. Please help us! We have 3 kids all under the age 13 one of which is a baby and we can't have our a/c cut off or lose our home!!! Please any help is much appreciated!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since your husband is expecting payment soon, and has a new job, some of the Cape May County agencies may be able to assist. As you have clearly shown the ability to work towards stability. But the challenge is that is a lot of bills you need help paying. So you may need to try multiple organizations as well as government offices.