The process for rent from my church is too long

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Ptbull11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The process for rent from my church is too long

Post by Ptbull11 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:41 pm

I am in serous need of help right now. I have been trying since around the 11th of April to find a way to get help paying my rent. I got laid off from work in the the beginning of this month and am now struggling. I just got a paper in my door on Friday evening that said on Monday they were turning my situation over to the courts for eviction. I have two young kids and cant afford to lose my apartment. Please if there is anyway to get some help. I have been in touch with some churches but they say that I have to wait for them to contact me and by that time I feel it will to late.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: The process for rent from my church is too long

Post by Admin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Yes, it takes time. But a church will never help you pay your entire back rent anyway, especially if you are jobless. It may be the time to look for shelter or more affordable housing, and National Church residence is one charity to try. They run sites around the country that are affordable and work with the person to handle other challenges they have. Read more on housing programs from National Church Residences.

Mixed Emotions

Re: The process for rent from my church is too long

Post by Mixed Emotions » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:39 pm

I need info on how to get help paying my rent from other churches. I live in mobile home which I own and pay rent to the park where the mobile home resides. I have ran into dead ends with trying to get help to get caught up as the church I go too took so long. I have been denied by DHS and other local agencies either due to no money or help available or because I am over income guidelines.
I will be homeless with 2 kids if I don’t get some sort of help from somewhere and I will lose my mobile home because I wont be able to afford to move it if they evict me. I have never been behind in my rent this is the first time. I recently switched jobs and didn’t have any income for 3 weeks also have had other issues come up such has having to put money into my vehicle to get to work. Was recently in car accident as well which put even more of a damper on things. Please any help or assistance I can get without waiting too lunch for these churches would be greatly appreciated.