Maryland Family Needing Heating Oil Assistance ASAP

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
RavensMom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Maryland Family Needing Heating Oil Assistance ASAP

Post by RavensMom »

We live in Harford County, Maryland and our family is almost completely out of heating oil. We have a one year old so this is distressing. We received an application for the Maryland Fuel Fund but that will take weeks for us to be approved and we will be out of oil by the end of this week. We had a full tank at the beginning of the winter but it has been such a cold harsh winter that we're already in need of oil. We need some help right away but can't seem to find any. What bothers me is that I have an approved credit application with my oil provider and have paid my bills on time but because they changed their policies over the past two months, they will not honor it. They have changed the minimum to 125 gallons and expect it to be paid by credit card, immediately. I don't have a credit card and cannot pay over $500 out of pocket right now. They will not work with me at all, not because of anything I've done wrong but because other customers have ripped them off. I'm backed into a corner and desperate. Does anyone know of anyway that I can find immediate assistance in my area?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Maryland Family Needing Heating Oil Assistance ASAP

Post by Admin »

We have extensive names of non-profits, charities, and energy programs listed for Maryland and Hartford County. Another option is of course the federal government emergency LIHEAP program, which a community action agency may have applications for. Our main MD link is here, with information to energy assistance, community action agency contact information, and much more.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Mussoline

Post by Mussoline »

Good evening. I am feeling so completely lost right now! Back in January, I went to MEAP in Baltimore, Maryland, and was approved. I was also later approved for a partial arrearage payment.

Well today, I received a letter from BGE stating that I still owe the full amount! From what I understand, (as I was told by a representative at a helping outreach center), BGE has never received my approval letter from MEAP! I AM STUNNED!

My family has now been without electricity for about 3 months! We also have no heating oil left. Needless to say, it's getting somewhat chilly! Above all, due to my mothers sudden death in 2013, and since she had obtained a reverse mortgage, (I am living on SSI and could not obtain a loan to repay in full) we could be homeless any day now!

I have been suffering from anxiety/depression for many years and now it has gotten much worse, to the point that I am in bed for sometimes 5 days straight! I really do not know how much more I can handle. I have 2 sons, and one 9 year old daughter. I'm afraid they're going to lose their mother as I did mine. We are of course not going to have a Christmas. All I want is to have a home with electricity for my family. If you would like to reach me, please email me. Thank you so very much for taking your precious time to read my sorry.
JohnsonC

Post by JohnsonC »

Hello. I am need of heating oil and I'm a little less than 1/4 tank. I just put 75 gallons on 6/1/14 and the cost was $277.00. I am struggling right now since I was laid off from my job in October.

I called my local BCAP agency in Baltimore on 6/13/14 and they informed me that they have no emergency money at this time. I was also told I would not be eligible because I do not have children who are five years or younger. I am only asking help for this one time. and I should be back on my feet by November. Any information you can provide for me at this time would be very helpful. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

At least 1/4 of a tank of heating oil will hold you over for days. As far as additional assistance for energy bills in Maryland, there are many. You can call your supplier to ask for free oil, inquire into payment plans while you wait to get back on your feet, or employment for government programs. But call your energy company and ask them for options. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ing_b.html