Grant for an apartment/security deposit

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
TiciaPeck
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Grant for an apartment/security deposit

Post by TiciaPeck »

I am single parent whom is not from North Carolina, I just moved down here to better me and my child's life. Well I found a place for me and my child I had to pay an additional fee of $500 in order to move into the apartment. I paid $300 and now I am lacking $200 more dollars by May 31st. I am asking if you would please assist me with providing information on grant programs to pay rent or security deposits, on the lack of $200 so I can move in ASAP to provide a roof over me and my child's head PLEASE HELP US!! We are trying to get a fresh start in NC. Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grant for an apartment/security deposit

Post by Admin »

North Carolina definitely has a lower cost of living, and job market held up well during the recession, so not a bad idea. Good luck. So moving to Cary, NC. Many organizations may be able to offer help for paying first months rent and/or security deposits. Find a listing of assistance programs in Wake County. Call each of these agencies in order to receive emergency rental help, or funds for paying security deposits, or other types of aid. $200 is not much to get that roof over head, so hopefully you can find it.
TiciaPeck wrote:I am single parent whom is not from North Carolina, I just moved down here to better me and my child's life. Well I found a place for me and my child I had to pay an additional fee of $500 in order to move into the apartment. I paid $300 and now I am lacking $200 more dollars by May 31st. I am asking if you would please assist me with providing information on grant programs to pay rent or security deposits, on the lack of $200 so I can move in ASAP to provide a roof over me and my child's head PLEASE HELP US!! We are trying to get a fresh start in NC. Thanks,
Skylert

Post by Skylert »

I am recently divorced from an abusive marriage of 23 years and am seeking a government grant. It is the first time on my own and I have to pay a security deposit to move then turn around and pay rent 2 weeks later. The apartment complex I am moving in is going to require $695 for deposit plus prorate the security deposit so I should not need a grant more than $900 to move in then I will be responsible for rent in July.
I would really appreciate the help. This will help me with a new start for myself and it is supposed to be ready by the third week in March. Thank you.
Tweed

Post by Tweed »

Hello, I'm currently homeless due to domestic violence. I'm disabled. I need some kind of assistance moving into an apartment. I receive $733 monthly. I've been to apartments, but can't pay last and security. Can you please refer me to some kind of grant help please?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some grant programs. They can help with housing needs. Usually ESG is a main grant in New York City.
Try calling the United Way or Catholic Charities there, as both offer assistance programs for apartments in the region.
GINAVALENTINA

Post by GINAVALENTINA »

I need help paying back rent to nycha for $11,300 which also covers the security deposit on the apartment. I was in a domestic violence situation with my sons father while my son was away in college. I was working and my housing assistant felt it was better if she didn't put my pay stubs down with annual review to help me save money to move away from him. But my son always needed grant money for school and he was away in Texas. I had to choose to save money for the deposit for the apartment to get away from his dad or send my son money for school. If you would like to talk about this further please call me about the rent and deposit grant process. Please leave a message, my phone don't show missed calls. If I miss the call thank you and god bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Texas or NYC? As they are completely different. But there are homeless prevention grants in Texas. But we doubt you can get $11,300....that is probably impossible if not hopeless for you and your apartment.
GINAVALENTINA wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:43 am I need help paying back rent to nycha for $11,300 which also covers the security deposit on the apartment. I was in a domestic violence situation with my sons father while my son was away in college. I was working and my housing assistant felt it was better if she didn't put my pay stubs down with annual review to help me save money to move away from him. But my son always needed grant money for school and he was away in Texas.
Mike and Mike

Post by Mike and Mike »

To whom it may concern,
I’m reaching out in looking for grant assistance in rent/security deposit. It’s my first time so I’m not quite sure what I need. I just found out I got approved for the place I applied for. My landlord at first was stating I was unqualified so I used my savings for the apartment for other necessities, so when he told me he approved it yesterday and Stated that he needs the security deposit and monthly rent by tonight. So it was a switch of situation. And now I’m looking for grant assistance or a way to get that.