overdraw an account-can't pay rent

Find how to get help with rent
santiago009
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

overdraw an account-can't pay rent

Post by santiago009 »

I live in Santa Barbara, Ca and my husband was wrongfully discharged from his job; we cannot find a full time job and the rent was due seven days ago, we do not have money in the bank, is there any organization that can help us asap? thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: overdraw an account-can't pay rent

Post by Admin »

For rent assistance in Santa Barbara, try any of these organizations.

They were all provided cash from the federal government stimulus program, the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. The charities and non-profits to call are

Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara County (805) 964-8857 (this place can provide more information and may have the phone numbers for the places below)
The Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation
The Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County
Peoples Self-Help Housing Corporation
Domestic Violence Solutions of Santa Barbara County

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... stanc.html
Hillary

Post by Hillary »

I’m in extremely need of help paying my rent coming up. I don’t need help paying the full amount. I am $450 short. I am having financial problems right now as I just had to start taking care of my 6 year old niece and my account is empty. I’m struggling really bad right now to keep the house full of food for her and the last thing I don’t want to happen is to lose our house.
I’m so worried that I’m not going to be able to come up with the rest of the rent of $450 and have to find a place for me and my niece to go. This is the first time I’ve been in this situation and if there's any way for me to get advice or help on how to get help with my rent I would greatly appreciate it. I just received a full time job so this would be the only time I would need help. I’m in desperate need any information would really help. Thank you so much.
Namumura

Post by Namumura »

I’m a single parent in Sacramento CA. My boyfriend of 7 years walked out on me and my daughter on Christmas Eve and he drained our bank accounts. I’m now $400 behind on last month’s rent and am struggling with this month rent I’m afraid I’m going to be evicted and on the street with my little girl. I’m so hurt that he left and doesn’t care about our well being. Please help me I don't know what else to do. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the account was overdrawn, then maybe report him to the authorizes. As far as the financial help for your bills, rent, etc. there are charities to try. Find them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html
MelissaN

Post by MelissaN »

The bank notified me immediately that the payment ($24.35) didn't go through. Apparently it was an overdrawn account so I missed my rent payment. I tried numerous times to pay online again, but and was again assured they received the payment, not to worry, my balance was zero. Then yesterday I got this nasty letter.
I called them this morning and told them my son could drive me there to pay $24.35 on the 29th, but not the $35 as I had done everything in my power to correct this overdrawn account (and use a debit card from another bank). The moment my bank notified me which happens instantaneously. Now on the phone they informed me NO partial payment are accepted and it must be paid in full by Thursday 8/20 or they are disconnecting my service which will then result in reconnection fees on top of all this, not to mention the rent. I have never bounced a payment in the 5 years I've lived here in SC
I am a senior citizen on a fixed income who receives SNAP benefits. I don't drive or even own a car to get to there office.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you have multiple needs (overdrawn accounts, rent due, no car, etc.) try the main SC assistance program link. Then scroll down the page for local resources. But look here for financial assistance in SC.
MelissaN wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:12 am I have never bounced a payment in the 5 years I've lived here in SC
I am a senior citizen on a fixed income who receives SNAP benefits. I don't drive or even own a car to get to there office.