Need funds quick for my rent

Find how to get help with rent
Rippenea
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need funds quick for my rent

Post by Rippenea »

My daughter and I live at a nice place but this morning my landlord sent a eviction notice through email telling me if I don't come up with 3.000 by October 1 then they'll pursue eviction. I can come up with a thousand but I can't come up with the rest. I don't want my daughter and I to lose our place because I love our place and the schooling. My daughter is doing well at this school.
I make less then 30,000 a year she gets free lunches at school. But they want this money ASAP and I can't come up with this amount this soon. I live in Vermont. If you could help my daughter and I it would be so grateful. I haven't expressed my concerns out loud because I don't want to frighten my daughter.
Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need funds quick for my rent

Post by Admin »

It depends on what you mean by quick. Most agencies have an extensive application process for their rental programs. Not only is funding limited, but they want to ensure the applicant has some plan in place to gain stability. They do not want to assist with a housing payment if someone is just going to be evicted again. But you can try and see what you can find out. Locate our main programs for paying rent.
SonyaS

Post by SonyaS »

I am behind on my rent because I did not receive my funds from social security payment for January so I ended up paying a little over half of my rent last month. It’s December and I received December payment but not January.
I paid November rent however the leasing office said they can't accept it without January. I have chronic kidney failure and I am on dialysis. I have been on social security for 5 years. I need funds of 575 towards my rent. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, talk to the agencies in Kalamazoo. They may have ideas for you. Also, talk to the social security office and figure out where the balance of your payment is. As they owe you the entire amount and can't short change you. Find more details on the Kalamazoo Michigan rental assistance agencies.