What programs in Akron will give me free food?

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Orangatang
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

What programs in Akron will give me free food?

Post by Orangatang »

I have tried calling every number in Summit County Ohio for food and no one answers the phone - it just rings and rain rings, I am trying to find out about getting a Food Basket & Groceries for myself. I am disabled and the first time I signed up at a pantry in Akron I had to stand in a line around a building in the cold, for 6 1/2 hours before I got into the building. It was horrible on my injury, body & my Multiple Sclerosis flared up and it put me into bed for over a week. People were grouchy and mean in the food pantry line too. They stood they are complaining about the whole situation loud & nasty
 I needed to sign up for a food box and have needed help every year since but have gone without because of how hard the experience was on my body and I could not go through that again. So I am writing to you because I am tired of going without food. I want to get the Basket again full of groceries.
Isn't there a better way for someone like me, a disabled, non-driver, who spends more time in bed than out of it, to sign up for a food bank program in Akron? I live at the same address and none of my info has changed except perhaps monthly disability I can have someone fax copies of any papers needed. Can you have someone contact me since no one will answer the phone, with how to get me signed up please.
Thank you for all that you do.