propane needed, and other needs, too

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
kamelotrose
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

propane needed, and other needs, too

Post by kamelotrose »

I have called, texted, emailed, and filled out so many applications - only to be turned down one after another. Being told that "sorry, you just fall thru the cracks - there is nothing we can do."
And if that is what you have to tell me, well - i get it.

But at this point? You are my last call ... and i really do hope you CAN help us.

My husband is a dialysis patient. He is also on injury leave from work (driving a truck for Ballard Drivers in Sulphur Springs, TX). He got hurt July 25, 2012 - had surgery on October 17, 2012 ... and still is unable to return to work. He is going thru a process of physical therapy and testing that will most likely be the last step before full disability. We have been living on 40% of his salary thru the insurance payments from work. (getting about $350 a week)
I am a cancer patient with MD Anderson in Houston, TX. Have been since the first of September 2012. I do not work outside the home - because of my health, but also because i am my husband's caregiver.

We have no credit cards ...
and we have used whatever savings we had - long since.
We have exhausted all loans - from companies, from family and from friends. We have paid them all back - but now, no where else to turn.

We need propane. Last year we were able to have 100 gallons delivered, and we are just now below 5%. We only use propane to heat water. But because of health issues - we NEED hot water to wash our hands and bodies with.

We also need medications for both myself and my husband. Yes, he has prescription insurance thru work - but the co-pays are so high that it has become near impossible to get the needed medications. With the copays, our medications are costing about $150 a month.

We also need groceries. My husband is on a high protein diet - 4 x's the amount of protein as normal due to the dialysis.

we just cannot afford propane, fuel for the truck to get back and forth to doctors and hospitals, medications and groceries any longer. we need some help.

is there anything at all that you can do to help us???

thank you -
margaret mccoy

:oops:
Admin
Site Admin

Re: propane needed, and other needs, too

Post by Admin »

Hi Margaret
That is an extensive list of needs. We suggest going thoroughly through the main site as we have information on assistance for all of that. There is also a search box in top right of each page on main site. In the meantime, here is the main link for our main Texas programs, with tons of info.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Here is info on free/low cost health care, including medications.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _care.html

Details on free food, groceries, and more, from pantries to government programs.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html

Some information on utility assistance, including heat, propane, etc. Many local state programs are here too.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
kamelotrose

Post by kamelotrose »

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the thought and care, as well as the time it took to answer. I do appreciate it.

I had already went thru each one of those pages .... went to the links ... spent literally HOURS doing this ... sigh.
We live in Hopkins County, TX - and I'm thinking we must be in the Twilight Zone of Texas! We haven't found one of these programs that covers Hopkins County.
And for the ones that come close - we need to be 55 years old. My husband is 53. Sigh.

There are dental clinics in the Dallas area - but that is 2 hours driving from here, not so bad if we had the money ... or a car. Sigh.

I'm serious when I say that we fall thru the cracks ... one medication program i thought we had finally found that we would be eligible for. filled out the paperwork, and when it was processed, husband makes $100 a month too much - unless he was on full time disability! since he is on work injury disability - that puts us in a whole "Twilight Zone" of a league.

wondering if anyone else has ever been like this ... sigh.

again, thank you ... i know a lot of family and friends have gotten frustrated with us - even had some tell us that we just aren't looking hard enough for programs. ??? Hours upon hours ... tears after tears ... sigh.
I just cannot do this anymore ...

We are just going to do without ... and if we are supposed to have help - then it will happen. We will either live without ... or we will die without.

this is too much for me. i have talked a countless number of times with the social worker - who is supposed to be trained in these type situations. SHE says, 'sorry' ...

so ... thank you again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try a community action agency for help and/or referrals. There is one for your County, and it is Northeast Texas Opportunities. The main number is (903) 588-3301, but they may have a more local number for your county too.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gency.html