Contact info for assistance

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Nscbs11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Contact info for assistance

Post by Nscbs11 »

found your web site and need to know how to find the phone or email address to help me with

interest free loans
dental clinic
food pantries
clothing
eyeglasses
property taxes

I am 55 and permantly disabled, I receive $765.00 per month on medicare and $150 in food stamps. I live in Saylorsburg Pa 18353. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you for any help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Contact info for assistance

Post by Admin »

That is alot. Try this resource for PA assistance programs.
http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/

Also, I really think if you go to the primary site www.needhelppayingbills.com you will find info on many ways to get help with those bills and more, as well as general assistance programs.
mizzmeme

Post by mizzmeme »

Looking for assistance in the Fort Wayne, Indiana

Just moved to Fort Wayne from Chicago and dont have a job or any money. Just got accepted for sec 8 and have no furniture or clothes for me and 17 year old daughter. How can we find some assistance to help us in these areas. We need beds to sleep on. Dont know much about Fort Wayne and need to find an area in Fort Wayne where we can get assistance in these areas. Thank yOu. Me Me
Handy1

Post by Handy1 »

The house was built in 1993 and the shingles are the ones that was put on when it was built. A tree fell through it a few years back and my dad did not have the money to replace it. The cost to repair the the damage areas and since the house is so small the local roofer said it would be best to replace the whole roof because it will not be long before the shingles that is on it start leaking. I have tried the weatherization program but the will not help with it. I have tried Habitat for Humanity but no funds. I have tried HUD and Community action agency, I have tried Unity way and called there referrals, nothing. I did get a response from AHUDA or something like that, but my age I am not eligible for a grant and for a loan my credit has to be good. and my credit is not good. I have tried some many resources I just want to give up. The people who never ask for help cause they feel others need it and then when they do need help get turned down or get run around in circles. You can check any source and I have not asked for any help in over 15 years. I don't know where to turn. Let my roof stay as it is and loose it due to damage from leaking then I loose more. I can't even get insurance because of my roof.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You need info for Indiana? If so, we have every single community action agency listed for that state, including in Wayne. Now whether they can help you or not with those shingle and roof repairs, we don't know. Some of the agencies will have programs for low interest home repair loans. Very rarely will they run a grant program. But never give up and keep calling around. Also always ask for referrals from places like the United Way. Find out community action agency list. Click information.
James2

Post by James2 »

Dear Jon and Staff my name is Ashley. I'm a single mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 5.
I'm currently experiencing homelessness for the first time with my children. I need contact information for how to get help. I had a car but it was recently impounded for no fault of my own and I can't afford to get it out. All of my children's belongings are in the vehicle. We literally have nothing. The vehicle is in impound.
I've contacted EVERY entity in the area that is said to help families in need. Even the continuum of care entry... Nothing. I'm not sure why I'm not receiving the help or assistance when this is what their programs are designed for. I just recently got a job to help my situation but I've not been put on payroll. This is the worse time of my life. Please help me and my children achieve permanent housing, car impoundment situation, also my storage unit is said to be auctioned off soon and it has our life's possessions in it. I'm freaking out. Please help if at all possible
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It depends on where you are - county, city, local community, etc. We have thousands of phone numbers for contacts, and a list of local resources too. Get details here on the places for financial help in local areas.
James2 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:02 pm Dear Jon and Staff my name is Ashley. I'm a single mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 5.