Where can I get financial assistance in Portland Oregon?

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Alicia Reign
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Where can I get financial assistance in Portland Oregon?

Post by Alicia Reign »

Hello
I hope this message finds you well. My name is Sarah, and I am reaching out to you today with a heavy heart, seeking assistance here in Portland Oregon and guidance during an incredibly challenging time.
On December January 15, 2024, I lost my father to suicide. The weight of this loss led me down a path of profound grief, resulting in what can only be described as a complete mental breakdown. Diagnosed with traumatic bereavement disorder and PTSD, I have been struggling to navigate each day with a shattered heart and a mind clouded by anguish.
In the midst of this turmoil, my doctor advised me against driving, recommended intensive grief therapy groups, and emphasized the importance of avoiding isolation. With these restrictions in mind, I turned to my employer's Human Resources department for support. They directed me to apply for the Oregon Paid Leave program to take a much-needed medical leave.
However, the process of accessing these vital benefits has been fraught with challenges. Despite my application being approved on Paid 7th, 2024, I have yet to receive any financial assistance and it is expensive to live in Portland. As of today I have not received anything for them. I have depleted ever bit of savings I had and have had no income this year whatsoever. Worse still, my employment was terminated shortly after approval, leaving me without a job to return to and plunging me into financial uncertainty.
The repercussions of this delay have been dire. I lost my place of residence and was forced to move into my late dad's apartment. Now we have been here 2 months but rent is due in nine days and his landlord is about out of grace for my situation, So now I am on the brink of homelessness if I cannot figure something out and that is an absolutely terrifying situation to be facing. Basic necessities like electricity are on the verge of being cut off, and the threat of repossession looms over my car and our storage unit containing irreplaceable memories of my children's lives.
Due to our phones being disconnected I am unable to call and check in on my other children nor have I had the ability to visit them since my sons memorial in January. This in and of its self is maddening. The constant worry and fear and often times panic I feel from having no way to talk to them and potentially be there to support them in these difficult times is absolutely creating a whole new series of issues that is so incredible overwhelming and incapacitating.
Navigating the bureaucracy of the Oregon unemployment system has been equally frustrating. Despite numerous attempts to file for benefits, technical issues with the new Francis system have left me unable to access the support I desperately need. Each call to the unemployment office ends in hours of waiting, only to be disconnected after four hours and four minutes without resolution. Channel 2 News even came out interviewed me and did a story about these issues and pressed the unemployment department for answers but nothing has changed.
I am sharing my story with you in the hopes that your organization may have resources or connections that could offer a lifeline in my time of need. As someone who has always worked hard to support my family independently, it is humbling to find myself in this vulnerable position. But I refuse to lose hope, and I am reaching out to every avenue available in search of assistance.
If you or anyone you know could offer guidance, support, or resources to help me navigate this challenging time, I would be eternally grateful. Any assistance or advice you can provide about Portland Oregon would be helpful and met with much gratitude.
Thank you for taking the time to read my plea for help. I continue to hold onto faith and hope that brighter days lie ahead.
Warm regards,
Sarah
Sophia1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Where can I get financial assistance in Portland Oregon?

Post by Sophia1 »

Hello, my name is Amber.
I am emailing to hopefully seek some help for our bills. My daughter is 13 years old & she is under the impression that we will not be having a place to live, clothes or stuff this year. Due to the pandemic it placed my family and I in a hardship. This is now the second time we have had to move within the last two months thankfully last month my daughters friends family needed their house watched over & their pets fed. We had received a 20 days notice prior to us house sitting due to our roommate requesting to terminate our lease.
We just recently moved again to Portland Oregon which cost us a lot of money with first month last month deposit as well as all the fees it cost applying at places and we need other financial help for bills too. Now we are commuting back an forth from Portland to Camas cause I don't want to put too much stress on my daughter having to switch schools in the middle of the year. I still work in Vancouver/Camas so commuting across the bridge kind of killing two birds with one stone sort of speak. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.