Rent help needed in Reno so I am not homeless

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
King
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent help needed in Reno so I am not homeless

Post by King »

I need information on rental assistance in Reno/Sparks, Washoe County, Nevada.
My 13 year old son and I are facing eviction from unpaid rent this month, I lost a job from unavailable work through a temp service, I got told through a letter that I no called another job but I called when I was sick and got told on the phone I pointed out of the job. It was still me losing the job. I just got work that starts tomorrow and I’m hoping to keep us going on our own in the next couple months without any assistance. I just need some short term help to pay the rent in Reno as it is close to my now job and I can't move somewhere else.
Thank you for listening and on any info you can give me.
Sincerely,
JohnsonC

Re: Rent help needed in Reno so I am not homeless

Post by JohnsonC »

I have been sleeping in my Jeep in Reno and trying to figure out what to do. I am homeless and can't afford the rent on these places in Reno as the cost of living is outrageous. I now have a major problem my Jeep won't start. I think it's an ignition problem. Or Fob issue. I don't know. But I can't do anything about situation of being homeless and no money for rent without having transportation.
Please help. I'm seriously in need and this Jeep is my home and life line phone I get something for work or living, at which I can earn to get a place or go to a shelter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rent help needed in Reno so I am not homeless

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Well, we have info on rent assistance programs in Reno. Maybe they can also help you get a shelter right now. But find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Also, some may help homeless people with transportation needs too - but you need to call around and try.
JohnsonC wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:04 am I have been sleeping in my Jeep in Reno and trying to figure out what to do.