Housing needed in Tulsa - where to go?

Find how to get help with rent
Snapon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing needed in Tulsa - where to go?

Post by Snapon »

My name is Jennifer. I have lived in Tulsa since June. My boyfriend Terry lost his home due to me. His home was his RV that was in Storage. I was in a abusive relationship and Terry was helping. Now we both are homeless and have been since July and we need new housing or a place to live in Tulsa. We live out of his vehicle, which is on its last leg. I panhandle everyday to make a buck, so we can eat and have gas for heat. Some days we go without eating. I have been robbed of my wallet, so I am not able to get a job. All I have is my birth certificate. I lost my DL, ss card, food stamp card. I never have the money to get a DL.
I would be working instead of asking. Terry does not have a SS card also, only a state id. We have tried all the local Tulsa OK housing resources available just to be let down. 211 has us on a 10 month waiting list. We are all out of options we missed Thanksgiving because we don't have a home or money and here we go, about to miss Christmas for the same reason. His RV is in storage. It needs a starter, ignition, tires, etc. but has been sitting for a year. He is not the type of person to ask for help with an apartment or rent, but I am asking for him. We both are arguing due to being together all the time and no space. I love Terry and I just want the best for him. All the material things we need are on this vehicle.
Please get in contact with me with ideas of housing programs I am a 41 year old lady, who got out of a 20 year abusive relationship. I now have cervical cancer, ulcer, hernia and hypothyroidism. We both need our teeth fixed, and eyes done. I wish the best of the rest of the year. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing needed in Tulsa - where to go?

Post by Admin »

Hi Jennifer
While we are not sure if organizations will pay the rent for an RV, but you can try. As there are multiple places in both the city of Tulsa and County, depending on whether you are in city limits or not. Of course you will need proof of hardship, income, copies of a lease, etc. and probably much more when applying for rent help for you and Terry, but find those financial resources to help with rent in Tulsa.
Snapon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:37 am My name is Jennifer. I have lived in Tulsa since June. My boyfriend Terry lost his home due to me. His home was his RV that was in Storage.