Re: Macular degeneration disability and behind on bills
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 12:31 pm
Good day to you. My name is Kimberly, and I live in Milford, MI. I am reaching out to you for some assistance. I've exhausted what list I was given. I have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration in both my eyes and have a challenging time seeing. I receive continual treatment injections to help reduce the swelling in my right eye, but I still have issues seeing due to the symptoms of AMD.
AMD is not curable but can be slowed down. Eventually, I will go blind. I also suffer from Neuropathy in my left leg which causes issues with standing for a lengthy period. On top of this, I have severe anemia and have received four blood transfusions since 2017 (most recently last March 2026) and suffer from fatigue. As of 7/29, I have been off work via FMLA and am working with an attorney's office to file for SSI disability. Unfortunately, it comes at a price of not being paid. My older brother and sister moved in with me from California in June. It took them a while, but they have both just now found work and started back to work as of yesterday. They will not receive a check until the end of the month. Unfortunately, two of my utility bills have gone unpaid and shut-off notices are coming in. I
just need assistance in getting that covered before 9/28 when my power will be shut off. My electric bill (which is under my other sister's name who does not live here) has a balance of $592.89 and our internet bill is $156. Next month should be a better month for us when my brother and sister start getting a regular check and when my disability kicks in, if approved, I will be receiving that within a year. I just need help in getting the utilities paid. We have been going to a food pantry twice now and we were told that twice is all we can do in a month.
I hope you can help me. My other sister, who does not live with us, has helped as much as she can and stated she regretfully cannot anymore.
I appreciate any help and understanding. Please either call me or email back to let me know if this is possible. We've already decided when things get better, we will be donating time and money for all the help we've been given so far. Thank you for reading).
Respectfully yours,
Kimberly
AMD is not curable but can be slowed down. Eventually, I will go blind. I also suffer from Neuropathy in my left leg which causes issues with standing for a lengthy period. On top of this, I have severe anemia and have received four blood transfusions since 2017 (most recently last March 2026) and suffer from fatigue. As of 7/29, I have been off work via FMLA and am working with an attorney's office to file for SSI disability. Unfortunately, it comes at a price of not being paid. My older brother and sister moved in with me from California in June. It took them a while, but they have both just now found work and started back to work as of yesterday. They will not receive a check until the end of the month. Unfortunately, two of my utility bills have gone unpaid and shut-off notices are coming in. I
just need assistance in getting that covered before 9/28 when my power will be shut off. My electric bill (which is under my other sister's name who does not live here) has a balance of $592.89 and our internet bill is $156. Next month should be a better month for us when my brother and sister start getting a regular check and when my disability kicks in, if approved, I will be receiving that within a year. I just need help in getting the utilities paid. We have been going to a food pantry twice now and we were told that twice is all we can do in a month.
I hope you can help me. My other sister, who does not live with us, has helped as much as she can and stated she regretfully cannot anymore.
I appreciate any help and understanding. Please either call me or email back to let me know if this is possible. We've already decided when things get better, we will be donating time and money for all the help we've been given so far. Thank you for reading).
Respectfully yours,
Kimberly