Help with paying medical bills
Anya
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Shoulder surgery put me behind

Post by Anya »

Hi,
My name is Marti. I live in Levelland, TX (Hockley County). I'm 45, and recently had the first of 2 shoulder surgeries that have taken me out of a 28 year career. I am trying to work, but there is very little I can do because of my shoulder injury. I am currently 2 months behind on my medical bills and housing, and will be looking at eviction and medical debt collectors if I can't find some help quickly.
The hospital has been patient with me. So has my landlord this long because I'm their longest tenant. I've been here for 11 years. I start college classes to start my life over again at the end of this month, but this transition is very hard on me not to mention recovering physically from a shoulder surgery. I'm desperate for help with my rent. I don't even care about the rest of my bills, but I need to keep the roof over my head and bill off the surgeon for my shoulder surgery. I have been without hot water since the end of the month, and don't even care as long as I can keep my rent paid. Please. Can you help me???
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Shoulder surgery put me behind

Post by Admin »

Since you are out of work for a "defined" period of time, also look into FMLA. It is Family Leave that can cover people with shoulder injries too, as well as other emergency medical conditions. It should be able to help you, and learn how FMLA works.