I missed the Christmas deadlines

State and local government assistance programs.
JordyNelson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I missed the Christmas deadlines

Post by JordyNelson »

Hello,
My name is Shannon.
I am a stay-at-home mom, 2 children of my own & my long-time boyfriends 2 children. They range in ages from 9-15.
I missed the Salvation Army cutoff date to apply for Christmas assistance by 1 day, it ended on October 31st, and I thought I had another day. I understand that is no excuse to be late to apply, but with 4 kids, time tends to slip away from us!
I was wondering if there are any other programs that you might know of that I could seek out and apply for that still have good deadlines for Christmas.
My boyfriend works full-time, but barely makes enough for us to even pay our mortgage & bills, much less hardly anything for Christmas. Neither of us get assistance from their other parents, which makes it even harder. I stay home as our oldest does Virtual Schooling due to severe anxiety issues.
We reside in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
Please, please let me know if you are able to offer me any ideas on where we can turn to for Christmas help with still current deadlines, it would mean the entire world to us to be able to give our children a Christmas that they so very dearly deserve.
Last year we were only able to scrap up about $30 per child, and as we all know, doesn't get very much these days. Although they were all VERY grateful, they truly deserve so much more, and it is heartbreaking to not be able to offer them hardly anything.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I missed the Christmas deadlines

Post by Admin »

Did you try the free toys by mail options? Some charities (though it is rare) try to offer them last minute to people who lack mobility. But even thouse have deadlines too...just an idea for you. No idea if they will work or not. But look here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _mail.html
Veronica Rodriguez

Post by Veronica Rodriguez »

Hello my name is V Roberts and I came across this email while looking for last minute resources for Christmas help as I missed all the deadline. I am a mother of 4 boys. I am currently employed and do my best to keep life going for my family. Is there any agencies that you aware of that may be able to help this close to Christmas, with extended deadlines My sons are 15 11 8 & 4. Between the cost of living and the kids growing like weeds it’s very hard to keep up! My 15 year old is not wearing a size 13 shoe! Geesh! Anything you can refer me to I will be very great full. Thank you in advance and happy holidays
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, it is very late. But "deadlines" are different based on charity, city/state, and many other factors. There is not on "simple" Christmas deadline for everyone - everywhere. Thet being said, look here for free local Christmas gift and toy programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Veronica Rodriguez wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:31 pm Hello my name is V Roberts and I came across this email while looking for last minute resources for Christmas help as I missed all the deadline.