Supplies for my business

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Libby
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Supplies for my business

Post by Libby »

My name is Teresa and I live in Jacksonville, Florida. In 2019, I started Terry's Residential Cleaning Service to help families that did not have time to clean, because of obvious family obligations with work and children in school/sports. I am a woman owned business. With COVID my business ha struggled and I need supplies for it now to keep it running.
Most families do not have time to clean much less deep clean their home. We also help those that are disabled. The disabled are the most we help because of health issues they must maintain a clean environment in their home. I was an Account Receivable Clerk and decide to start my business to help others. My family, church friends and friends' altogether with advertising know and help promote my business. It is a much needed service to a lot of people and we are essential workers.
Year after year, I tweaked and improved my business to where it grew. I use care.com, Takl.com and word of mouth. There are only two of us, at present, that work together with each home. My goal is to grow this business to 6 employees with numbers in clients to grow. Finally, in 2021 I was able to apply and get my licenses for my business. However, due to the COVID-19 virus starting in March 2020, my business took a hit. Clients decreased due to the social distancing and stay home policies enforced. Clients were scared to have us come in to their homes to clean. We lost some clients altogether. In July 2020, my business started to pick back up. We offered bleach/water cleaning and wore mask. However, we are behind in payroll, supplies and bills. Where can I get free business supplies?
My business needs new cleaning supplies and equipment. We cannot afford that right now. I need $7000, from a grant, to help us recoup what was lost, during those months and to get ahead again. I am 61 years old and don't plan to retire anytime soon. I would like to keep this business going, if at all possible. My future goal is to pass this business to my nephew or niece, in about 6 years. I am not looking to get rich off my business and we do not price gouge. I just love helping others while having money to pay my bills, until I do retire. My credit is getting bad because I can't pay the bills. The money is not coming back in fast enough. I need a little jump start with supplies to help me get back to where I was in March 2020. I have tried the SBA and PPP Loans and they would not help. If COVID-19 had never happened, I would be in really good shape right now and would not need help at all.

Thank you, in advance, for any consideration for any kind of assistance.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Supplies for my business

Post by Admin »

Yes, starting a business is costly. As least it is cheaper in FL. But there are places to get cable, free internet access or Wi-fi and other support. There are government as well as charitable programs out there, and look here for free internet services for work or home use.