Want to relocate my father

State and local government assistance programs.
Janedoe
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Want to relocate my father

Post by Janedoe »

Good afternoon,
This is an inquiry about my Father, David. Below is recent history of some unfortunate events and circumstances. I would like to try to relocate them.
My Mother (Andrea) and Father (David) were happily partnered and lived together for 35+ years; in a dual income household. Unfortunately in April 2016 my father lost his best friend and partner and I lost my Mother. At that time they lived in Ceres, California, where my Dad currently resides. Though I have and do return to visit from time to time, but I continued to the life I started in Phoenix, AZ in 2009.

In this difficult time my sister (Lisa) was able to help support the household with David; she held a full time job while raising two children and she paid the rent, bills, groceries etc. while my Dad, David, did his best with funds he had to split the fund needed. Unfortunately this past August 2021 an unexpected tragic traffic accident (at no fault to her) took her life and the lives of my half brother (Michael), and my half brothers wife. This is another reason I want to move my dad
The family and myself have been living tight trying to be as positive as we can. My father is the only family that I have left, and it is unfortunate he lives so far away. Even after my Mother had passed my Father had to have cancer removed from his left eye in 2019 and later suffered form a stroke in mid 2020. He is a great man and Father and I want him to live peacefully, happily, without stress, and wish that I were able to see him more often.
I go into this history not for sympathy but to give a background of what has been going on. Since my sister's passing I have been scraping together to send him money so he can just pay for his rent; while I have been increasing my debit and also struggling financially. Then in February 2022 my Father's landlord in Ceres, California gave him two months to find another place because he was no longer renewing the lease.
At the moment I am already struggling financially and am at a loss. My boyfriend who lives with me was saying we need to reach out and see if the state has any way of helping in situations such as these. This is one reason I also wanted to list the history. He would be considered in retired age/elderly, has suffered tragedy and almost lost his entire family.
Do you know of any assistance programs that could help in situations like this? With moving my father and relocating him? Ideally since he does not have any family left in California I would love if he could move to phoenix where I could see him more frequently. I do not know if this is more of a challenge due to his length of time in California and then moving to Arizona. I am at my ends reach to try and figure out what I can do so that he can have quality of life. Any help, advice, assistance, etc. would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to ready my story and any help that you can provide. It is not easy for me to ask for help, but I know I need to because my Father has no one else and is not capable of researching, calling, inquiring help on his own behalf.
Terence
anti spam: Blue

Re: Want to relocate my father

Post by Terence »

I saw this website on the internet and was wondering if you could give me specific options for additional rental assistance for my father to help him relocate He is 74 years old and living on minimal social security each month. A felony conviction from over 10 years ago prevents him from being eligible for low income rental options. We found a private rental owner willing to rent to him, but the rent is $700 a month which is almost all of his social security on top of utilities he owes. He has signed up for reduced utilities through Community Action of Wayne/Medina County which is helping, but he needs some rental assistance too or to relocate to cheaper housing. If you have any suggestions on where he can obtain some permanent rental assistance outside of Section 8 Housing, I would really appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Want to relocate my father

Post by Admin »

Sounds like your dad is lower income, so maybe a section 8 home or apartment is out there for him. We are not sure if it takes felons or not - but you can look. But it is a form of rent assistance, and find details on section 8 income based homes near you.
Terence wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:59 pm I saw this website on the internet and was wondering if you could give me specific options for additional rental assistance for my father to help him relocate He is 74 years old and living on minimal social security each month. A felony conviction from over 10 years ago prevents him from being eligible for low income rental options. We found a private rental owner willing to rent to him, but the rent is $700 a month which is almost all of his social security on top of utilities he owes. He has signed up for reduced utilities through Community Action of Wayne/Medina County which is helping, but he needs some rental assistance too or to relocate to cheaper housing. If you have any suggestions on where he can obtain some permanent rental assistance outside of Section 8 Housing, I would really appreciate it.