Begging for a financial gift

State and local government assistance programs.
Atlanta
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Begging for a financial gift

Post by Atlanta »

Hello,
I guess I'm writing in hopes of a little help. I am Begging For A Gift.
My car has finally fallen apart, exhaust fell off, head is leaking, it sputters & stalls, almost 400k though.
I'm A Disabled Army "Desert Storm Veteran'' Who Recently Became "No Longer Homeless". My Wife & I Live on my small VA pension check. We Get some help from Local Church Charities, (Food Baskets & such). We are very thankful for what we have & have accomplished, but we are in need of a home. Something that would be ours with a smaller monthly amount.
Where we live now is a Rental & it's way too much. Plus it's very hard to afford the power bill, but we have Plans, (Since we Was Gifted A 100 x 60 Lot of Land), To do as I please. So my wife & I thought about one of those 16 x 28 x 16 Tuff Sheds on the property & Turn It Into A Tiny Home For us. There Is Only my wife & Myself, so I think We Could Live Well & Comfortable In It.
It Would Cut Our Living Expenses In Half Which In Turn Would Give Us A Better Quality of Life & (We Would Have A Little extra Money) & A Little Less Debt Each Month.
Clearing The Land & Buying The Building & Running The Utility's & (Some Solar), Would Be Less Than $22,000 or So, (I Think). This Would Include Getting It All, Hooked Up, Painted, Upstairs Carpet, Inspected & Furnished, Plus A Fence & Gravel Driveway, But That Amount of Money Is A Lifetime Away For Us.
I Must Tell You That I Am A "Soldier" & I Hate That I Have To Resort To "Begging For A Gift", But I just don't see many other options. We are in need.
Maybe with some help, a (Gift of a little Financial Assistance), would help to get things rolling & start with what we would need in order to Live A Simpler, Better, Safer & More Healthy Life.
We Truly Have "No Extra Money". We Have Had To Depend on help, like Church's, Veterans Assistance Programs & What Little Family I Have left, But We Have Exhausted All Those Resources.
So I'm Trying to Reach Out A Little Farther & ask for some help. I'm feeling very self conscious about reaching out like this, I'm (No Where Close To My Comfort Zone).
Our lives are very spontaneous, nothing is easy or dependable. For one reason after another, like for instance. We Don't Have a very good car, it's got 378,000 miles & it's a 1994 Toyota Corolla. Our clothing is either hand me downs (for her) & just old wrong size now (for me). Our Cupboards need to be Stocked With "some basics".
Also, We Really Have Very Little Clothes To Wear, Like New Shoes For Us or Jeans that fit & aren't second hand or Worn out, "Second / Third Hand" (Goodwill) To Begin With.
"My Car" (A 1994 Toyota Corolla, 385,000 miles) Is In Need of Maintenance" & Tires; I Worry Every Time I Have To Drive (Because of My Shocks, Struts & It Misses Real Bad & dies a lot), Especially During My Travels To The VA Doctors Appts, (170 Mile Round Trip).
I Was, While I Was on Active Duty, (That's The Source of My Tiny Income), & I Reinjured Myself In The Civilian Work Force (Lifting Heavy Equipment Parts, While I Was A Warehouseman For Caterpillar). I Haven't Worked Since A Feeble Attempt In 2010 (Couldn't Do It), That's When Things Turned For The Bad. The VA Had Me Medicated & It Took Me Away Like Millions of Others I Was Forced To "Self Medicate", Which Led My Life Into chaos, & Homelessness.
All At The Same Time The Pain, Depression & Unemployment Attacked My "Self Esteem" & my "Self Worth". So I "Gave Up" For A while. It Took My Wife, Pushing Me To Go Get Help. When I Did Finally Start To Get Some Help Again, It Was From The VA Hospital & Social Workers, they got me coming to my appointments. They Got better from Hep-C & Clean off pain medicine, this helped me think better & Helped With Getting Me All The Benefits That I Was Entitled To.
After All That Now I've Been feeling better for More Than Four ± Years & I Have (In The Last 9-10 Months ), Lost Almost 75+lbs, 4+ Pants Sizes & 1 Shirt Size, All this In Preparation For A Second Back Surgery (For My Service Connection injury). This However Leaves Me So, That I Don't Have "Clothes" That Fit Me & or Don't Fall Off me. I Do Have A "Pair of 4-Year Old Plastic Muels" from Wal-Mart & A "Pair of Old Thin Joggers". My Wife, She Has Even Less.
Because of me I Had Made Her Just As Homeless As Myself. My Wife Lost Most of Her Clothes, From Other Homeless Thieves, (When We Was In-Camp), So She Don't Really Have Much Clothes To Wear Either (As A Woman), & Like Me, What She Does Have Is All Worn Out "Goodwill" & Her 1 Pair of Worn Sneakers Wont Last.
I apologize that this rants a little and begging for a gift. I really wish I was in better shape, financially & I wouldn't need to be asking.
Most Importantly & Sadly, It Seems I've Been, In The Last Year or So, Losing Some of My "Short & Long Term Memory". My Doctor Has Scheduled Me For Some Tests, (Cat Scan & a Neurologist Consult), She Isn't Quite Sure If My Symptoms Couldn't Be a type of (Dementia or Early On-Set Alzheimer’s)."Because of Family History'', or Maybe, Because I Fall A Lot, (I Walk With Use of A Cane & Brace).
The Doctor Isn't Sure That It Could Be A (Head Injury) From One of my falls. She would like for me to get A (Tablet or 6"+) Phone, To Download "Brain Games & Memory Exercise Apps". This Would Be To Help Me With Retraining My Memory & Excite My Brain to help in (Keeping & maybe creating some New nerve paths)...
But, (all of these things may as well be Bricks of Gold) Because, I Just Don't See How I Can Purchase The Items To Achieve This, So I Go To The Library & Do Jig-Saw Puzzles, it helps & it's Free.
Lastly,
My Car (1994 Toyota Corolla 378,000 miles); needs repairs & tires, they are Really "Bad & Bald" Tires, they make me very Nervous on Trips to my Doctors Appointments at the VA, (traveling is very worrisome). Because it also needs Shocks & Struts & Standard Maintenance (Plugs, Wires, Cap & Rotor, Fuel & Air Filters). It stalls & dies a lot & smells of fuel, the car is all but finished (dying), if I don't start to fix some things.
There Isn't A Chance I Can Spend Money I Don't Have In Order To Start To Cross Things Off That List. The Items Are Not Very Expensive But, They Might As Well Be Bricks of Gold also.
I Truly Hate "asking", (I'm A "Soldier" & It Really Hurts Me That I Have To Resort To Asking Strangers For Things Like This), "But I'm Forced To Have To Try". Because, I Don't Have Any Other Means. I was always told that there wasn't a dumb question & God don't close a door without opening another.
I Envy Your Energy & Enthusiasm For Life, That's Why I Wanted To Reach Out To You. So, If You Could "Grant A Wish" & Let Me, Try & "Barter For A Gift" of (Financial Help);
I Don't Want To Be A Charity; I Could do a "YouTube'' testimonial about how you helped my family & me (a hurt Veteran barely getting by), as some form of repayment for some assistance.
I Fight Some Major Depression, Anxiety Issues, & Self Esteem Problems So, I'm In Group Counseling, As Well As Individual Therapy. I'm A "Soldier" & I "Truly Don't Like Asking For Help". Hell, Once Upon A Time, I Didn't Have To Worry About How To Care For Myself or My Family, I Was Young, Tough & Mean, but Now I’m Old, Broke & Broken Down, & A Little Afraid.
I'm Not Quite Sure How To Fix Things Yet But, I'm Trying To Work on It, Things May Change & Turn For The Better After The "First Of The Year", So I'm Just Going to Try & Stay As "Positive & Strong" As I Can.
Maybe God Is Teaching Me Some Lessons In "Appreciation & Humility", & In Life, How "Fragile" We All Are.
Anyways, Thank You For Your Time & Your Consideration For Me Begging. You Never Know Till You Ask. Right, So God Bless...
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Begging for a financial gift

Post by Admin »

That is some list. But there is no such thing as a gift. We suggest you look into low-income benefit programs or even get emergency cash from one of many sources we have listed. Try this for a list of ideas for emergency cash today.
Atlanta wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 am Hello,
I guess I'm writing in hopes of a little help. I am Begging For A Gift.