Winter job hours cut

State and local government assistance programs.
Cream
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Winter job hours cut

Post by Cream »

We have been having issues since last year due to his job. During the summer his work is steady but winter months he doesn't get a lot of hours. We fell behind on most of our bills and now have the on track but in doing so fell behind on our rent big time. Our back rent is around 11,000 and we owe medical and utilities. We have been trying to pay it a little here and there but just can't do it since the job winter employment was tough. Now he is taking us to court over it.
Joaquin

Re: Winter job hours cut

Post by Joaquin »

Hello,
My name is Chris Thom. My wife and I just got married. My wife has MS making it difficult for her to work so mine is the only income coming in, and my work hours were cut back during the winter months. We are faced with getting our utilities cut off again this month. We are just behind on a lot of bills and looking for any possible assistance until my work hours pick up in the Spring. Our credit is really low so it's difficult for us to even get a loan. Any info or help at all would be greatly appreciated. We live in Des Moines IA. Polk County.
Thank you so much!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Winter job hours cut

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Yes, seasonal work can be difficult when hours are cut. But there is help out there, everything from gig jobs to financial help, job training, and more, including in Polk County Iowa. Look for resources here, including financial help in Des Moines.
Joaquin wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:13 am Hello,
My name is Chris Thom. We live in Des Moines IA. Polk County.
Thank you so much!