need rental assistance in alexandria, va fairfax county

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
wcpaulk
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need rental assistance in alexandria, va fairfax county

Post by wcpaulk »

Hello,
My wife went Manic 3 weeks ago and is still a mental patient. We share the financial responsibilities. Im now behind on my bills which include rent, car payment, insurance and so on. Fortunately I don't have any utilities. My wife was pregnant and we lost are child. My wife felt it was her meds that did it, and next she is in the hospital. I have a 4 year old daughter. She is staying with family because of the finances. I live in Alexandria, Va which is fairfax county. My rental office wont take the partial rent until i can catch up. Does anyone know where I can get assistance, or the law about my rent being behind due to medical.

Sincerely,
Bill Paulk
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need rental assistance in alexandria, va fairfax county

Post by Admin »

You have many options in Fairfax County. They do not have a community action agency, but you can call Fairfax County Department of Family Services at (703) 324-7812. Also, the link below has information on many different charities, non-profits, and other services. For example, for rent help try Good Shepherd Housing and Family Services at (703) 768-9404. There is a program for help with cars, called Vehicle for Change. Many of these programs are talked about at the link below. Many other ways to get help with bills are referenced as well.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

wcpaulk wrote:Hello,
My wife went Manic 3 weeks ago and is still a mental patient. We share the financial responsibilities. Im now behind on my bills which include rent, car payment, insurance and so on. Fortunately I don't have any utilities. My wife was pregnant and we lost are child. My wife felt it was her meds that did it, and next she is in the hospital. I have a 4 year old daughter. She is staying with family because of the finances. I live in Alexandria, Va which is fairfax county. My rental office wont take the partial rent until i can catch up. Does anyone know where I can get assistance, or the law about my rent being behind due to medical.

Sincerely,
Bill Paulk
TheSmiths

Post by TheSmiths »

I am 18 a full time student in high school in Fairfax (northern Virginia) and cannot find a job. I live with my girlfriend and she is no longer getting enough hours to cover our rent, we have tried to get rental assistance. But since we are not married our $700 rent is split and she paid 322.00 this month and me nothing. But since we are not married, and since she was the only one who was approved for help. We were given $27.00 I have called over 15 different groups from around the state, and no one has been able to help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

High school on your own? Stay in school. Get an education. Virginia has great school systems. We are not sure if Fairfax County rent assistance programs help such young people, but try. Maybe we have listed more than the 15 you tried.
TheSmiths wrote:I am 18 a full time student in high school in Fairfax (northern Virginia) and cannot find a job. I live with my girlfriend and she is no longer getting enough hours to cover our rent, we have tried to get rental assistance. But since we are not married our $700 rent is split and she paid 322.00 this month and me nothing. But since we are not married, and since she was the only one who was approved for help. We were given $27.00 I have called over 15 different groups from around the state, and no one has been able to help.