HELP WITH RENT

Find how to get help with rent
garysimona
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HELP WITH RENT

Post by garysimona »

I have just been issued a 5 day notice to pay all monies due to management agency. I may have as many as 10 days to pay or vacate the premises. I have two children and nowhere to go. I have been and is still searching for employment, please help. Know of any local agencies that could help immediately. Thanks in advance. :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HELP WITH RENT

Post by Admin »

Hi. you need to post more info, including state, county, or city. Programs are always locally based.
garysimona

Post by garysimona »

I'm sorry, I live in Cook County in Chicago, IL. More specifically in the 60626 zip code.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Contact the Community and Econ. Dev. Assn. of Cook County (CEDA) at (312) 795-8984. They offer their own grants and aid, and they can refer you to other local agencies as well. Some of whay they offer includes LIHEAP, CSBG Revolving Loan, SETP, Weatherization and WIC include City of Chicago and Suburban Cook County. Rent help including Locating, Securing, or Maintaining Residence in Rental Housing includes one-on-one and group counseling in the following areas: helping clients obtain and utilize rent subsidies in market rate housing, public housing and transitional housing, budgeting for rent payments, education on client’s and landlord’s rental rights and explaining the eviction process.
garysimona wrote:I'm sorry, I live in Cook County in Chicago, IL. More specifically in the 60626 zip code.
Smith99

Post by Smith99 »

My friend is in the process of being evicted from his apartment. His overdue balance is around $4600.00 and he received a letter from the management co. on Thanksgiving. We're not sure where
to start or begin, if someone could call him,
his name is Scott. He currently works for Taco Bell
in Phila. (West Philly area) and is in the
process of getting a second job within the next
week with a cab company. Please if you can help
we would greatly appreciate any guidance at this difficult time. He has two small children,
which he has every weekend, so this eviction
poses a threat too. Thank you in advance for
reading my email. the state we live in is
Pennsylvania.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Use this link for information on rent arrears and help in Philly. You should be able to qualify, especially if getting a second job. Many organizations look at that as a positive. Try Community Services 215-685-3600 They offer rental assistance, food, clothing, career counseling, and other assistance programs. Some other places to turn to for rent help include Tenant Action Group (215) 575-0700 and other places that you will find at the site / link below.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Smith99 wrote:My friend is in the process of being evicted from his apartment. His overdue balance is around $4600.00 and he received a letter from the management co. on Thanksgiving. We're not sure where
to start or begin, if someone could call him,
his name is Scott. He currently works for Taco Bell
in Phila. (West Philly area) and is in the
process of getting a second job within the next
week with a cab company. Please if you can help
we would greatly appreciate any guidance at this difficult time. He has two small children,
which he has every weekend, so this eviction
poses a threat too. Thank you in advance for
reading my email. the state we live in is
Pennsylvania.