help need in WV for electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Mike
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help need in WV for electric bill

Post by Mike »

Hi, I am not one to normally do this, but I have no other choice. My family and I have tried all the suggested places to get help for my electric bill. We have had the utilities commision get us extensions also, but we can not find help. We have help from DHHR, Cathloic Community Services and some of our own money. We tried the Salvaion Army as well but they have no funds. We still need to find 232 dollars to bring our bill close to current and not get cut off. I am in Truck driving school and am planning to have a job by the end of this mounth or into next. With that I do not plan for this to happen again. I am asking for help with getting the electric company ogg my back so that I can start again and get my self on the right track. My email is mikefaulkner@frontiernet.net or tmikef1@yahoo.com if you want to contact me personally

Thanks in advance

Mike

Attached is a copy of my bill and the letter from DHHR
dhhrletter.jpg
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help need in WV for electric bill

Post by Admin »

Try the The West Virginia Utility Assistance Program. This is a fund that is operated by Dollar Energy Fund, and it will assist qualfied, struggling eligible West Virginia utility and heating service customers with their paying for their gas, electric and water bills. Eligible customers receive a one-time cash grant that will applied directly to their utility bill. Grants are available to customers who may not be eligible for LIHEAP. Contact your local Salvation Army to apply.
Here is some more info on it. But it is best to contact Salvation Army, or even ask the utility company about it.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
Mike

Post by Mike »

Unfortantly the Dollar energy program is completely out of funds
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

A few more options to try then. Call Allegheny and ask about these programs.

The Emergency Assistance Program (EAP) - This service is administered by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) to help eligible customers avoid termination of their utility or heating service. Customers will need to present their electric disconnect notice at the county DHHR office. Energy Assistance is a one time cash grant/ payment that is applied to the customer's account.

Community Energy Fund (CEF) - This assistance program provides energy bill assistance to qualifying customers who need emergency help paying their electric bill. The company’s shareholders match donations from customers 50 cents on each dollar, up to the program limits.

20% Energy Credit Program – West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Office of Family Support, administers program that reduces low-income customers’ utility bill by 20%. Eligible customers receive applications from the DHHR and send the completed applications to: Allegheny Power, 20% Discount Program, 1310 Fairmont Avenue, PO Box 1392, Fairmont, WV 26555-1392.
Mike wrote:Unfortantly the Dollar energy program is completely out of funds