Lost power due to water leakage and other issues

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
KaSandra
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lost power due to water leakage and other issues

Post by KaSandra »

My power has been recently shut off. I was already having problems due to water leakage under my apartment so my bedroom became uninhabitable. I intermittently was staying there while waiting for my bedroom floor to dry from water leak.
I came home one day to no power. I have a 20 year old student and an 11 year old. I am a single mom finding it hard to find work as I was laid-off over 1 year ago. I am extremely strapped for funds; every penny I get goes to my rent and my bills get put aside. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Falynn Guobadia

Re: Lost power due to water leakage and other issues

Post by Falynn Guobadia »

To Whom it May Concern,
I am in desperate need for help paying my power bill this month. I've had a water leak two times this year and it has made my power bill sky high. This month I have to pay $440 in full. I have to have this paid by December3rd, 2023. I live on my own, 61 years old, my significant other passed away a year ago and I'm trying to live on my own with receiving a disability check one time a month.
I'm not able to make ends meet this month with no power and I need to fix the water leakage. I saw this information on the website and wondering if I am able to get help. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you soon, I don't know where to go from here. I have no friends, my family lives in the Chicago area and they are struggling to. My resources around here I have called them all and they are unable to help me, funds have all run out this month. I don't know what I'm going to do. The power will be shut off if not paid.
Look forward to hearing back from you soon,
Sheri
Oneistheonly

Post by Oneistheonly »

My Fiance and I are currently living in apartment that has many repair issues such as water leaks molds etc. We lost the power because of that water leakage. In addition the rent has increased by $300. We been looking to move out. All the rental properties in South Florida are asking for three times the rent.
We been having financial hardship since arch 2020 when my fiance was laid off for a year due to Covid-19. Although we both are currently working, we can only afford to pay one month rent along with application fee and pet fee and can't fix the water leaked or get our power on. We really need assistance with the security deposits and repairs. We have to be moved out by March 30. if you can be able to assist us with this matter it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Getting power turned on can be a little more complicated, but there is utility assistance in Florida. Maybe a company will refer you to home repair services too. There are options for you, and look for help with a power bill in Florida.
KaSandra wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:34 am My power has been recently shut off.