I have an autoimmune disease so no money for deposit

Find how to get help with rent
BarbaraB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have an autoimmune disease so no money for deposit

Post by BarbaraB »

I just left my abusive husband with my 3 children. I used all my savings on my deposit and first month’s rent, but then was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder that's taken all of my current money in doctor bills and need help with this month’s rent. So I need to leave my husband, but my disease is causing me to not have enough money for the move.
Ebony

Re: I have an autoimmune disease so no money for deposit

Post by Ebony »

Hello, I'm 39 years old, and am in desperate need of assistance with a deposit.
The (very old) rental home in which we live has no central HVAC. We have no way to cool the home during the day when the temperature can reach over 100 degrees. We have no means of relocating at this time. We are in arrears with the rent, and the utilities are about to reach the point of shut off. The water will be first.
I live in this home with my husband, also 39 years old, and my daughter, who is also chronically ill.
At this time, we have no income at all, and I have THREE major health problems, one of which has warranted inpatient hospitalization for severe dehydration several times in the last six weeks. The one I am having the most trouble with is Celiac Disease, which I have had for 12 years, and have recently been given a "Failure to Thrive in an Adult" diagnosis (and prognosis) for. In addition to this, I also have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, and Sjogren's syndrome. All three diseases are autoimmune, and cause major organ problems in the event of prolonged exposure to extreme heat. I weigh 86 pounds, and suffer from extreme weakness. I have a pending Disability claim filed, but have not been given a time line for a decision on the claim. I have been unable to work since 2005, although I did attempt to work at a Dollar Tree store in Marietta, GA in 2014. I lasted for one week and then was hospitalized.
We have no transportation at this time, and I am unable to walk to any public establishment to get into a place that is cool. Neither is my daughter, who has severe chronic asthma, as well as a more serious issue which is just being discovered with her, which is causing her lungs to be unable to properly oxygenate her blood supply and body.
The address of the home is Jesup, GA., 31545.
PLEASE, send me any resources that could help us to get the home cool, to pay a security deposit for a new place, to avoid power and water shutoff, and avoid eviction.
Thanks very much for your time and attention to this matter.
Kindest Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot you need. There are some eviction/homeless prevention programs in Georgia. Maybe they can help you...at least with deposit and some of the energy bills. So try those resources, even though you need to be working to apply to them. Good luck, and read Georgia homeless prevention programs.
Ebony wrote:The address of the home is Jesup, GA., 31545.
PLEASE, send me any resources that could help us to get the home cool, to pay a security deposit for a new place, to avoid power and water shutoff, and avoid eviction.
Thanks very much for your time and attention to this matter.
Kindest Regards,
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

Hi, I was needing some help with my rent deposit. I have several autoimmune disorders or diseases and have been in and out of the hospital over the last several months. I have no prescription coverage and I fell behind on my rent I'm trying to get caught back up. With this extra help if possible it would catch me up with the deposit. I have a very toxic family living with an autoimmune disease and I've gotten out of that environment and I'm hoping to stay out of it. I can't ask them for help they take advantage of me and it has taken years to realize and overcome that negative environment. If someone could please email me or call me.I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you
Brandy
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Brandy,
No agency will give funds for a security deposit unless you have the ability to afford the future rent, and if you are in and out of hospital, not working, etc. you will not be able to do that. But look here for security deposit hardship programs.
Pantene wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:41 am Hi, I was needing some help with my rent deposit. I have several autoimmune disorders or diseases and have been in and out of the hospital over the last several months.