Just turned 18, left home, and now need help

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Lawnizcek
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Just turned 18, left home, and now need help

Post by Lawnizcek »

I just turned eighteen and my mom kicked me out of home. Without a job, without finishing high school (I'm only eighty credits away from graduating!) without any source of living situation, and without any family members around to possibly help me out. I'm struggling so hard like this. My only option was to live with this guy who is twice my age and the living situations are always unsafe and unstable.
He gets me hotel rooms which is too tiring to have to move every day or couple of days... and how can I get a job if I am only in that area for just a few days? If anyone reads this and can help I would appreciate it so much and would do anything to pay you back when I eventually get back on my own two feet! Did I mention, I'm also a mentally ill individual. Even though I am just 18, I've been in the psych ward many times for attempt of suicide. I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and manic depression... life out here like this is not good for me or for the public :,( please God help me.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Just turned 18, left home, and now need help

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you need to apply for disability benefits in Indiana. If you are mentally ill, and can't work, you may qualify. But it will take months (if not longer) to get approved. Your best bet is to move back home. You made a horrible mistake leaving home only 8 credits shy of a degree. People without a degree stand a low percentage chance of being financially stable in their lifes. You need a GED if not college degree. Then you can afford to move.
Lawnizcek wrote:I just turned eighteen and my mom kicked me out of home. Without a job, without finishing high school (I'm only eighty credits away from graduating!) without any source of living situation, and without any family members around to possibly help me out. I'm struggling so hard like this. My only option was to live with this guy who is twice my age and the living situations are always unsafe and unstable.
He gets me hotel rooms which is too tiring to have to move every day or couple of days... and how can I get a job if I am only in that area for just a few days? If anyone reads this and can help I would appreciate it so much and would do anything to pay you back when I eventually get back on my own two feet! Did I mention, I'm also a mentally ill individual. Even though I am just 18, I've been in the psych ward many times for attempt of suicide. I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and manic depression... life out here like this is not good for me or for the public :,( please God help me.