Water meter problems

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
TheSmiths
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Water meter problems

Post by TheSmiths »

My water meter has a leak in it somewhere and no one is able to find it. My water first bill after the leak started was 300 now my water bill is 565.36. Now my water was shut off on January 2016 after I made a payment on the first of December in the amount of 200 dollars. I have to pay 513.96 in full before they will turn my water back on and I can not come up with that money. I have a 5 month old son that is staying at his grandmothers until I get it turned back on. Is there anyway I can’t get some help.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water meter problems

Post by Admin »

$513 is a lot of money for a water bill. Even if the meter broke, didn't you pay the bill month in and out? Or is that an excuse. If there was an equipment malfunction that caused the bill to increase, then talk to the company. But no one will pay that much money as assistance. But here are some programs to try in your state of Connecticut. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... sista.html
TheSmiths wrote:My water meter has a leak in it somewhere and no one is able to find it. My water first bill after the leak started was 300 now my water bill is 565.36. Now my water was shut off on January 2016 after I made a payment on the first of December in the amount of 200 dollars. I have to pay 513.96 in full before they will turn my water back on and I can not come up with that money. I have a 5 month old son that is staying at his grandmothers until I get it turned back on. Is there anyway I can’t get some help.