Local housing authority is not helpful

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Clansman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Local housing authority is not helpful

Post by Clansman »

I need information for a homeless friend wanting to rent a low income apartment. We have tried the local housing authority but they said could take more than 8 weeks. They have nothing immediately. He has been living in poor conditions. He has no water or heat for over a year and his landlord is incarcerated. He needs something as soon as possible. Thanks.
EUyes

Re: Local housing authority is not helpful

Post by EUyes »

Hi, I have a family of five. I rent a home through the Tulare house Authority in California. In the month of October and November my electric bill is been so high. My regular bill before this months were between $70-$40. Now my bills from $260-$370.
I am looking for places that will help me out.
My husband is the only one working at the time. I have a disability that stops me from working. I try the CSET but they couldn't help me. Last year both my husband and I apply for the prefer Action. We both have work in permits and social security numbers. CSET wouldn't take my social because I don't have a green card. I live in California please to whom receive this Email if you can help me out please I couldn't pay last month bill so now it’s close to $600. If you can't help can you refer me to some one that will than you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Local housing authority is not helpful

Post by Admin »

Yes, government housing authorities can take many months. Honestly 8 weeks is short when compared to other authorities. But if you need something immediately, then try a local agency for rent help. They may offer a combination of grants or referrals to help pay a portion of the cost. There are many resources available. Click here rent assistance programs.
Clansman wrote:I need information for a homeless friend wanting to rent a low income apartment. We have tried the local housing authority but they said could take more than 8 weeks. They have nothing immediately. He has been living in poor conditions. He has no water or heat for over a year and his landlord is incarcerated. He needs something as soon as possible. Thanks.