Senior housing waiting list

Find how to get help with rent
Hook Paw
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Senior housing waiting list

Post by Hook Paw »

I'm writing for my mother. My mom will be without a place to live in about 3 weeks, she is hear waiting for her number to come up at Dallas TX Fair Oaks Senior Low Income Apartments. My mom is only number 10 on their waiting list and they said that they can't speed up that process. Mom was number #5 back this last May 22, 2014 when she first applied.
Do you have any organization with an empty Travel Trailer that she could stay in until Fair Oaks Apartment calls her or any permanent housing based on her low SSI income. Moms last Apartment n Dublin Texas was based on her income, so mom's rent was $76.00 per month.
I move in about 3 weeks and moving to Houston TX to find work and can't afford to move mom on top of the stress of me moving soon. I can't live with her due to my allergies to her second hand smoke, she only smokes outside, even if it is her home, but to residue off her is killing me.
Mom has been calling APS and other places with no help, they told her "well there is nothing that they can do" I guess they are ready to start the Christmas holiday now instead. Mom is desperate and I put her phone number and email above and she will be bless if someone can call her with some sort of solution.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Senior housing waiting list

Post by Admin »

Your elderly mom can seek support using a voucher from section 202. This will help with rent, including on trailers in the Dallas area. As she is used to based on her current home, section 202 is income based, so the government will only pay for some of what is due. But note there is a waiting list, so if an agency does say there is nothing they can do, that is not far fetched. But find the senior rent help from section 202.
Convent

Post by Convent »

Thanks, you are sending me the same old links, as before, for senior housing. I ask ONE specific? One? Only.
A contact number for Section 202, or who is handling Section 202 in Sarasota Florida?
No links, just a name, or Organization for Section 202 in Sarasota Fl. It is a Government Program, there should
Be some Office here from HUD, or Representative. I done ALL the research, even people from HUD don't know
What to tell me on this senior program.
Mr.Soft

Post by Mr.Soft »

I would very much appreciate it if I could get some information on senior housing, I am 55 years old and I am renting a home and the home owner is losing their home to foreclosure and I have to move. I am in between jobs and need help with locating an apartment or a home for rent for low income. Please email me some places I can call for assistance, I really do appreciate any help that you can give to me.