I am an old man in the Bronx and need help

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Terkqwe
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am an old man in the Bronx and need help

Post by Terkqwe »

I am a 62 year old man, I have been living in the Bronx the past six years. I have no income as I was never able to find work and have been living off my savings which is now down to approximately $60,000. The money came to me when forced to sell my families home in 2008. Before living in the Bronx I tended to my mother and aunt for nearly twenty years and had no income during that time. Obviously I have no recent work experience and though by no means infirm, my health is not perfect.
I would very much like to know if I am eligible for any rent assistance. I live is an apartment that is fine and more importantly, the area is a safe one. Management here is very attentive but my rent is becoming far too much for me to handle.
I have never applied for any type of assistance until now but at the current depletion rate I will find myself homeless in less than three years.
Thank you for any information and aid.
Tiesto
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am an old man in the Bronx and need help

Post by Tiesto »

Hello,
I came across your website earlier this morning. I am writing in regards of mortgage payment and medicine help. I live in the Bronx area. I am a senior asking kindly to receive assistance with my mortgage payments. i am asking kindly as an old man and wondering if someone can help me find assistance for medicine and my house from somewhere in my area. Maybe a contact number?